GB

7 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G7 - Quick Capture gesture with flip cover issues

2019-03-31, 10:05 AM

Hi,

Just got a Moto G7. Was looking to looking to use the action to quick access the camera. On a previous phone I could just double click the power button quickly to bring up the camera.

I understand the Moto G7 has the Quick Capture gesture (double wrist twist). However, I also have a flip cover case and this Quick Cature gesture does not seem to work with the flip cover closed CONSISTENTLY - it seems when the flip case is closed and the screen is turned off it does not always trigger - probably because it covers the proximity sensor?

It is not so easy to perform the double wrist twist with the cover partially open. And it takes too long to fold the flip cover around then perform the double wrist twist action - you might as well open the cover, press the power button and then swipe the camera icon.

Is there any way to either one or both of:

1. Enable Quick Capture gesture with the flip cover closed, consistently?

2. Enable the double power button to access the camera.

The Fast Torch gesture (two karate chops) seems to work with the flip cover closed. Actualy, I prefer the two karate chop action for the Quick Capture, as it seems easier to perform, and seems more consistently triggered. (Although I just noticed that there is some inconsistencies with triggering depending on which direction have the phone faced, and in which hand).

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G7 - Quick Capture gesture with flip cover issues

2019-03-31, 22:17 PM

wrote:

Hi,

Just got a Moto G7. Was looking to looking to use the action to quick access the camera. On a previous phone I could just double click the power button quickly to bring up the camera.

I understand the Moto G7 has the Quick Capture gesture (double wrist twist). However, I also have a flip cover case and this Quick Cature gesture does not seem to work with the flip cover closed CONSISTENTLY - it seems when the flip case is closed and the screen is turned off it does not always trigger - probably because it covers the proximity sensor?

It is not so easy to perform the double wrist twist with the cover partially open. And it takes too long to fold the flip cover around then perform the double wrist twist action - you might as well open the cover, press the power button and then swipe the camera icon.

Is there any way to either one or both of:

1. Enable Quick Capture gesture with the flip cover closed, consistently?

2. Enable the double power button to access the camera.

The Fast Torch gesture (two karate chops) seems to work with the flip cover closed. Actualy, I prefer the two karate chop action for the Quick Capture, as it seems easier to perform, and seems more consistently triggered. (Although I just noticed that there is some inconsistencies with triggering depending on which direction have the phone faced, and in which hand).

I rmember seeing this in past G phones. I believe some of the external sensors are used, so the gestures don't work when sensors are covered. I know of no work arounds for the gesture with a cover. I am not sure if there are other camera shortcuts avalable or not. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

7 Posts

03-31-2019

GB

7 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-04-01, 9:58 AM
I would understand it if the gestures actually required 'external' sensors - but these are physical actions (twist and chop) that should use just the 'internal' accelerometer sensor - so it should not matter whether the flip cover is closed or not!
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-04-01, 11:47 AM

wrote:
I would understand it if the gestures actually required 'external' sensors - but these are physical actions (twist and chop) that should use just the 'internal' accelerometer sensor - so it should not matter whether the flip cover is closed or not!

My understanding is that some gestures use a combination of sensors to prevent accidental activation. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete