GB

126 Signins

732 Page Views

• Views: 732
  • Message 1 of 18

Moto G7 Screen, Camera and Other Issues

2019-04-24, 7:48 AM

I have some concerns about the new Motorola G7 phones particularly:

Screen - reviews say the screen calibration is "off" tending to more bluish/cyan/cool  tones. IS there a a way to correct or balance this in the Settings?

Camera - I've read that colours can be washed-out, zoom has many artifacts & noise and poor dynamic range at night. Stabilization needs a lot of work (for both front & back) and overall sharpness/detail/colour could be better. Is Motorola aware of this issues and can a software update fix these?

Thank you. 

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 18

Re: Moto G7 Screen, Camera and Other Issues

2019-04-24, 11:43 AM

wrote:

I have some concerns about the new Motorola G7 phones particularly:

Screen - reviews say the screen calibration is "off" tending to more bluish/cyan/cool  tones. IS there a a way to correct or balance this in the Settings?

Camera - I've read that colours can be washed-out, zoom has many artifacts & noise and poor dynamic range at night. Stabilization needs a lot of work (for both front & back) and overall sharpness/detail/colour could be better. Is Motorola aware of this issues and can a software update fix these?

Thank you. 

Hello angel76ph,

Thanks for posting, just confirming—do you have the Moto G7 handy? If yes, have you noticed this?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

60 Posts

02-23-2015

GB

126 Signins

732 Page Views

• Message 3 of 18

2019-04-24, 21:10 PM

I do not have the device with me.

I have not bought it because I want to seek advice first.

The issues I have presented here is based on a consistent and persistent issue that I have read over prominent & well-known tech sites which I hope Motorola can also appreciate. 

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 4 of 18

2019-04-26, 15:32 PM

wrote:

I do not have the device with me.

I have not bought it because I want to seek advice first.

The issues I have presented here is based on a consistent and persistent issue that I have read over prominent & well-known tech sites which I hope Motorola can also appreciate. 

Thanks for confirming, could you help us with the links for the reviews you are referring? We would like to take a look.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

9 Posts

01-24-2015

RO

13 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 5 of 18

2019-04-26, 21:52 PM

Hello. 

I have a Moto G7 Plus, coming as an upgrade from G6 Plus.

First of all, i checked a Moto G7 Plus in a local store, the guys were nice and let me test whatever I wanted on it. 

The screen is indeed blue-ish, but nothing to be concerned. It was the same on the unit i tested in the store, the same on the other unit that i`ve bought later. 

Both cameras have issues (on both phones, the same issues): 1 - REALLY poor dynamic range. In good lighting conditions, colors are washed out and blue isn`t blue (if it`s a picture with skies, the sky will be almost white or grey). The issue occurs in both cameras, selfie and main cam. 2 - in low light, pictures have A LOT of noise. I`ve noticed that it`s a software problem: with a GCam mod, the noise is not present, so Moto should provide some updated to get this fixed. Also, the GCam Mod had "Night Mode" and I can say that pictures taken on Night Mode are quite impressive, so the lens are OK, the Moto`s software is really bad. 

Unlike G6 Plus - which stayed cool no matter how I used it - G7 Plus heats up fast. Also, the battery can hardly last 24 hours with 5 hours SOT. G6 Plus lasted 36 - 48 hours. That`s a big no-no in 2019, even for a midrange.

Also, another software issue. The unit I`ve initially tested had a WONDERFUL sound when using headphones. Loud and clear, simply wonderful. The unit I`ve bought has a mediocre sound level, with the same headphones. The sound level is medium to low  on Youtube, TuneIn  or any audio file (with dolby activated and the eq cranked to the max and so on) and gets worse - to really low - when using FM radio app (on every FM broadcasting station). The unit I`ve initially tested was not updated, the unit I`ve bought was updated first, then used, so I guess someone messed with the audio volume in the last update or smth. Anyway, these are software issues and I really think they should be corrected. 

Also, the auto brightness is crap. When there`s no light in the room, the screen brightness is auto-setting to the lowest value, which is really annoying. 

It`s a shame that such a beautiful phone can leave you with a bad impression since these are all software related issues. 

XT1965-3 is the model, in case it`s important.

Options

60 Posts

02-23-2015

GB

126 Signins

732 Page Views

• Message 6 of 18

2019-04-28, 13:03 PM

I am unable to remember the source all of the aforemnetioned issues but a quick Google or search on Youtube (UK) would yield such results. 

What I would say is I normally go to websites such as GSMArena and PhoneArena and Youtube channels such as GSMDome.com and Pixel Peepers which may help you find the issues that I have mentioned in here. 

Cheers. 

Options

60 Posts

02-23-2015

GB

126 Signins

732 Page Views

• Message 7 of 18

2019-04-28, 13:12 PM

What you have mentioned in here is almost the same thing I have mentioned earlier and to Moto many times. Like Sony, they seem to be out of touch of reality and does not seem to be "bothered" or concerned with these issues that can be very well fixed via software update.

IN my other thread I believe that Moto G6 Plus is on some ways superior to the newer Moto G7 Plus. Cost-saving or cost-cutting? We probably won't know to that answer. 

Whereas with Sony their profits are way down. And you don't need a rocket scientist to know that with so many reasons to mention in here. But with Motorola being owned by Lenovo it seems that they have neglected the fans of its well-know G-series. 

And what's up with so many phone models? Why not stick to a tried & tested formula of a low-end, mid-range and flagship? This is another reason why they are having difficulty with updating their phones. They boast as being the "best value/best affordbale mid-range phone" in the market today. But to some like us they are not. 

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2019-04-30, 8:47 AM

Hi mihaialexis.

Thanks for posting, we would like to help. Could you please help us with sample pictures showing what you see from both GCam and default Camera app, this will help us investigate further.

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Options

9 Posts

01-24-2015

RO

13 Signins

100 Page Views

• Message 9 of 18

2019-04-30, 9:02 AM

Hi, i've updated my profile.

I will upload later a few pics. The sound quality upsets me more than the pictures, anyway. 

Options

9 Posts

01-24-2015

RO

13 Signins

100 Page Views

• Message 10 of 18

2019-04-30, 9:16 AM

Stock app

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save