Options

15 Posts

07-31-2020

US

9 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto G7 forced update Android 10 down your phone despite refusal -Arggh....

2020-09-27, 17:19 PM

I've been avoiding Android 10 update on my 2nd Moto G7 (running Android 9) for 2 months now ever since

that dreaded lost LTE on my 1st. Moto G7 phone.

I've been tapping NO, not to download Android 10 for multiple times during the annoying notification.
Overnight, Motorola silently push this update to my phone.

Now, it's wanted a reboot, to install Android 10. removed Freaking unbelievable.

I know if I reboot now, it will definitely brick it and make it lose LTE altogether and I won't reboot unless I can tell it to back off.

Come 'mon Motorola .. STOP doing this to your customers.
Don't brick something you can't fix. The CDMA users been waiting for months for your removed  fix and yet you can't deliver.

Anyone here know of way to BACK track to where it suppose to be without applying the Android 10 update here?

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Options

25 Posts

09-04-2020

US

28 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Moto G7 forced update Android 10 down your phone despite refusal -Arggh....

2020-09-27, 19:50 PM

I disabled Motorola Update Services on mine, but I don't really know, 100%,

whether that will stop it for sure.  I do know  I'm not getting notifications about it now.

I'd also be tempted to disable VZWDM but I haven't tried that yet. It's done through ADB and is reversible (if necessary in light of new info)
Options

11055 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1142 Signins

154910 Page Views

• Views: 154910
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-09-28, 13:33 PM

Hi Al_Phone,

I'm sorry if you feel that way. We have addressed the issue on G7 Google-Fi. I know you're also one of those affected users. Right now we just have to wait for the update coming. If you're not will to wait for the update, we can check other options. Just let me know. As for your 2nd Moto G7, I don't have native option to rollback the update. I would suggest keep observing if you will see the same behavior. Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

15 Posts

07-31-2020

US

9 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-09-29, 2:38 AM

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your response here. I know you're trying to help but it's not working. We just need you to continue to communicate to your upstream

tech support/escalation managers/directors... PLEASE stop MESSING with your customers phones that was working PERFECTLY.

Don't force anymore update if the old update already been reported by so many people and there is no fix whatsover for over 2 months.

Some of us are hanging on to what we have with Android 9 because it works and we didn't want to lose our LTE  data connection.

Please DO NOT force us to use 3G because Motorola DOES NOT know how to fix the Moto G7 phones with the Android 10 update.

Thank you.

Options

11055 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1142 Signins

154910 Page Views

• Views: 154910
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-09-29, 15:42 PM

Hi Al_Phone,

As a customer, I understand how you feel. I will pass your feedback along. I will keep monitoring this and I will post as soon as I have important details to share. Again, I sincerely apologize if you're affected but right now we really don't have timing but I'll see if I can get more details at least how soon the update is coming. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete