11-14-2019

US

3 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G7 missing features?

2020-01-07, 0:50 AM

I purchased an unlocked Moto G7 (US version) from Best Buy and have been disappointed to find some key features missing.

1- No wifi calling option to turn on.  Maybe this is just a Sprint thing?  But my prior Motorola E5 plus that Sprint sold did have wifi calling option.

2- No stock voicemail app.  Again, is Sprint the problem here?  I am trying a 3rd party voicemail program, youmail.  

3- No setting to disable notifications during a call?  I know my previous Motorola E5 plus has this option in the setting as well.  Again, is this because this phone is an unlocked version?

Needless to say, if this is the result of buying an unlocked phone, (stripped of popular features), I guess it will be my last unlocked phone purchase. 

Options

2 Posts

03-28-2019

US

4 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G7 missing features?

2020-01-16, 21:13 PM

1. That's definitely a Sprint issue, mine is on ATT and I have wifi calling no issue.

2. I don't see why a voicemail app is needed, Google Phone has the functionality built in. I use it for the transcription.

3. Google themselves removed the option to silence notifications while on a call because of too many complaints.

None of your complaints really come because of owning an unlocked phone. The first two can be chalked up to carrier issues and the last is Google's decision.

Options

7 Posts

02-23-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-02-23, 16:52 PM
Yes wifi calling is a carrier feature, and usually available only on carrier branded phones, (regardless of network lock status). I was bummed , too. On the other hand, there's a little less at&t in my phone. Android doesn't have native voicemail, you should be able to install your carriers vm app if they have one. That service should be the same
Options

7 Posts

02-23-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-02-25, 1:02 AM
Edit...context:. carrier "branded" (similar as cattle) = mfg with carrier logo stamped on the back, (can be any brand of phone) Policies vary, but these phones can be network unlocked, just like the retail g7 (perhaps not universally in some cases)
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save