CZ

8 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 14

Moto G7 plus - WiFi calling

2020-05-07, 11:36 AM

Hello everybody,

I have G7+ and Vodafone CZ (Czech Republic) carrier. Carrier supports WiFi calling (link) but for some models there must be a special firmware by carrier which opens the "WiFi calling button". Carrier doesn't have it for this phone because they have never sold this phone.

Is there any way I could turn it on please?

My profile is updated with all details needed and I agree that Lenovo/Motorola can check my phone.

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Views: 140787
  • Message 2 of 14

Re:Moto G7 plus - WiFi calling

2020-05-07, 13:56 PM

Hi R1dd3R,

Usually there are agreements/certifications that have to happen between us and the carriers to support this. Unfortunately, there's no way to turn it on, if both the phone and the carrier doesn't support it. I

appreciate your post. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

05-07-2020

CZ

8 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 3 of 14

2020-05-07, 14:00 PM
Hi, Vodafone CZ supports that (see the link in the first post). Do you have the agreement with them? Thanks
Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 4 of 14

2020-05-08, 13:11 PM

Hi,

I understand that the carrier does supports it. However, I'm not seeing on their website that the phone supports WiFi calling on your carrier. These are the only phones that support WiFi calling. 

https://www.vodafone.cz/wifivolani/?openfaq&id=faq-notwork

https://www.vodafone.cz/telefony/?sort=discount_desc&promo=telefony%3Aheader%3Adefault%3Asleva4000

Let me know if you need further help.Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

05-07-2020

CZ

8 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2020-06-01, 11:12 AM

Hello,

I contacted Vodafone Czech and they told me that the problem is on Motorola side:

Good afternoon, Mr. XXX,

I am sending you a statement from the relevant department:

We do not block any phones for the use of IMS services (VoLTE / VoWiFi / ViLTE) as an operator. In order for a phone in our network to support IMS services, their support MUST be implemented in the phone's firmware, and this is a matter for the phone manufacturer only.

We provide support and we have full control over only the phones we had / have and will have on offer. Unfortunately, this is not the case with the Motorola Moto G7 plus phone - we do not offer this phone, nor do we plan to sell it.

We would recommend:

Make sure you have VoLTE turned on in your profile. I checked that - you have it turned on at XXX

If you have VoLTE turned on, check your phone to see if VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling is turned on.

Check whether VoLTE works on the phone at all -> during an outgoing / incoming call, the phone should remain in 4G / LTE, this can be seen in the signal status indicator and the type of data connection. If VoLTE does not work, Wi-Fi calling will not work either

If none of the above helps, contact your phone manufacturer's technical support.

I wish you a nice afternoon.

Vodafone Czech supports that for ALL phones with VoWiFi function but the problem is I can't turn it on because I don't have it in my settings. How to solve this please?

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2020-06-02, 17:57 PM

Hi R1dd3R,

Thanks for getting back to me. I understand this feature is important to you. However, there are only specific phones that supports WiFi calling on your carrier. I don't see the G7 Plus being supported. I can ask around and validate this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

05-07-2020

CZ

8 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 7 of 14

2020-06-09, 15:10 PM

Hello,

I don't understand where is the problem? Vodafone said they don't block anything so the only thing I need is to manually turn on the VoWiFi which I can't do because it is gray. You are telling me that the problem is on the carrier side because the phone is not on the list.

The solution is very easy. If I would be able to turn VoWiFi on I would see if it is going or not. However I am not able to turn it on I would say the problem is on mobile phone side. That's my common sense.

So could you please investigate it and give me not just a neutral answers but the final solution please?

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

2020-06-10, 14:15 PM

Hi R1dd3R,

I discuss this with the team. I was told, there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to VoLTE/VoWiFi. Not all phones are certified by us or the carrier to support VoLTE/VoWiFi. While we strive to ensure all phones can take advantage of carrier features like this, we cannot guarantee it nor can we ensure that phones are expected to gain VoLTE or VoWiFi support in the future for your carrier. That being said, we will still pass your concerns on to our engineers.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

6 Posts

05-07-2020

CZ

8 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 9 of 14

2020-06-13, 12:22 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but G7 Plus supports VoWiFi. I can't turn it on. That's the whole problem. What should I do? How can I turn it on?
Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 10 of 14

2020-06-15, 19:11 PM

Hi R1dd3R,

Our team will ask around to confirm this, but please note, we can't guarantee anything. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete