02-02-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto G7 stuck on "Phone is starting...", recovery mode says "No Command"

2020-02-02, 0:55 AM

Hello. My G7 is stuck on "Phone is starting..." after startup. Safe mode is same, recovery mode has a black screen "No Command" before restarting. Factory Reset from the mother boot screen just plain doesn't work (starts up normally, all data and settings intact). Have tried a million things and nothing is working. The phone is under warranty so I've already got a replacement phone, but want to get my photos out (stupidly I didn't back them up) before returning this one.

- If I switch to Guest or New User, "Phone is starting..." doesn't happen and I can use the phone normally (though of course cannot access the photos stored in the Device Owner user).

- I can access Settings from the pull-down menu, so I've uninstalled every app I can uninstall and reset the settings for everything else. No change.

- I can see the photos are still on the phone based on the GB used on the Settings > Storage menu.

- Any Settings menu that accesses an app (Backup, for example) just doesn't launch.

- Plugging into a computer with USB debugging on doesn't work. The computer detects the phone, but I can't see the drive. However, if I plug in while logged into Guest or New User, I can see the drive (but obviously cannot access the photos saved on Device Owner).

- Some on other forums are saying this is either because (a) launcher.apk or (b) encryption is somehow corrupted. However, I don't know how to fix these with a legit OS.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?? The un-backed up photos include my father's memorial and my graduation so I REALLY want to get them back before returning the phone.

Options

1705 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1610 Signins

25163 Page Views

• Views: 25163
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G7 stuck on "Phone is starting...", recovery mode says "No Command"

2020-02-02, 9:46 AM

You can try the Lenovo assistant,

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds101291

including the manual download for it.

Also just in case you had Google photos on the phone check to see if any have been saved here,

https://photos.google.com

Options

8627 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135337 Page Views

• Views: 135337
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G7 stuck on "Phone is starting...", recovery mode says "No Command"

2020-02-03, 20:27 PM

Hi,

Thanks for posting. While I agree you can try what's Porphyrius suggestions, I'm just a little confused with what's the actual scenario, are you able to actually boot up the phone? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save