Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G7 Familymoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

12-05-2019

PL

33 Signins

148 Page Views

• Views: 148
  • Message 1 of 22

Moto G7 - upgrade to Android 10 and resulting disaster

2020-06-02, 12:17 PM

Hi,

My Moto G7 got upgraded to android 10 four days ago and since then 2 most annoying problems started to appear:

1. while talking on the phone (received phone call) I hear a signal as if I am getting another call and it's waiting to be answered, as I look at the screen it looks as if the same person I am already talking to is calling me again, while talking to me - that's  right - the phone insists that I am getting 2 simultaneous phone calls from the same person. When I try to answer, because the signal is very distracting when you are trying to have a conversation - the phone freezes. The answer/reject phone call screen is stuck and I can neither reject nor answer. I need to reboot.
  2. suddenly I can't make outgoing calls - I try different numbers and all I get is a "phone call ended" with a ping sound. I need to either reboot or receive a phone call to "unlock" this "feature".

Both of these happened twice already within the 4 day period. I can't begin to describe how annoying this is. Is there anything I can do to solve this or do I need to roll back to android 9 and if is so - how can I do it?

Please help,

J.D.

Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Views: 149998
  • Message 2 of 22

Re:Moto G7 - upgrade to Android 10 and resulting disaster

2020-06-02, 17:32 PM

Hi JPAD78,

Thanks for reporting. I wonder if that's causing by your Phone app. Are you using the stock Phone app? Please make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store. Then try clearing cache and data on Phone app (Settings > Apps & notification > See all > Phone > Storage > Clear Storage or Clear Cache and Clear Data).

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

16 Posts

12-05-2019

PL

33 Signins

148 Page Views

• Message 3 of 22

2020-06-04, 5:48 AM

Hi Rich,

The Phone app was up to date. I updated Contacts, deleted Phone app data and cache and haven't had any problems so far. Let's hope this helped.

Thank you,

J.D.

Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Message 4 of 22

2020-06-04, 18:06 PM

Hi JPAD78,

That's great to know. Please observe and let me know here if you need further assistance with that. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

16 Posts

12-05-2019

PL

33 Signins

148 Page Views

• Message 5 of 22

2020-06-15, 13:37 PM

Hello again,

Everything has been working fine since my lost post, unfortunately issue #2 started happening again today - happened twice already. It looks like I will need to delete data and cache on weekly basis or try a different phone app.

Regards,

J.D.

Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Message 6 of 22

2020-06-16, 19:25 PM

Hi JPAD78,

Thanks for updating me. Can you please confirm if it only happened with specific contact? And were these a LTE/4G calls or regular calls?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

16 Posts

12-05-2019

PL

33 Signins

148 Page Views

• Message 7 of 22

2020-06-17, 8:41 AM

Hi again,

When it happens I can't make any outgoing calls to any contacts - not just one. I always try at least 2 other contacts when I get the "call ended" notification. What is the difference between LTE/4G and regular? I don't get great reception at my home, so the service usually fluctates between LTE/4G and H/3G. I have the "wifi-calling" option enabled. By default I have LTE priority enabled. 

The problem happened again today - less that 2 days since I deleted calling app data and cache. I tried that again immediately but it didn't help. The fastest solution to be able to make calls again is to toggle the airlplane mode on and off.

Regards,

J.D.

Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Message 8 of 22

2020-06-17, 18:24 PM

Hi JPAD78,

Thanks for sharing more details. 4G calls uses your mobile data (4G/LTE will show beside your signal bar when you make a phone call - but this is usually carrier dependent) while regular phone calls are not. I'd like to check your network strength. can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

16 Posts

12-05-2019

PL

33 Signins

148 Page Views

• Message 9 of 22

2020-06-18, 15:31 PM
Hi Rich, I have updated my profile with the phone model and the IMEI of the SIM slot I am using. The country of residence was updated previously. I didn't find the box to specify my carrier (service provider - if I understand correctly) - it's PLAY mobile. Go ahead and take a look at my apps - as I understand you will not be able to access any sensitive data? Regards, J.D.
Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Message 10 of 22

2020-06-22, 19:30 PM

Hi JPAD78,

Thanks for updating your profile. I asked my team about this, can you please generate a bug report when you're not able to make phone calls?

To capture Bug Report:

Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 
Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the men
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. 

As for your question, Definitely we secure all the details you have shared. May I know what sensitive data are you concerned about? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete