IT

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto G7 vibration not working

2019-03-04, 20:17 PM

Hello,

just bought a Moto G7 and I found out that if I set audio off and vibration on then the smartphone doesn't vibrate at all when receiving a call...

I checked vibration with Motorola Hardware Check app and it works perfectly, so I don't think it is an hardware issue... It is more like a software issue...

Could you please help?

Thanks

Options

2035 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2897 Signins

51611 Page Views

• Views: 51611
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G7 vibration not working

2019-03-04, 21:31 PM

wrote:

Hello,

just bought a Moto G7 and I found out that if I set audio off and vibration on then the smartphone doesn't vibrate at all when receiving a call...

I checked vibration with Motorola Hardware Check app and it works perfectly, so I don't think it is an hardware issue... It is more like a software issue...

Could you please help?

Thanks

Is it possible that when you're dropping the volume all the way down that your putting the phone into do not disturb mode? Also, can you confirm if you have vibrate enabled for calls? Settings > Sound > Toggle on Also vibrate for calls.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

03-04-2019

IT

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-03-04, 21:53 PM

Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply.

I can confirm that vibration is enabled for calls: I can see its icon on the top-right bat.

AThe do-not-disturb mode is not enabled since I don't see its icon on the top-right bar...

It's very strange... I tried rebooting the device but the issue is still there... I read that an hardware reset could help but I just finished setting the smartphone and I don't want to sei it again :-)

One more information: my software build number is PPO 29.80-66

Options

3 Posts

03-04-2019

IT

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2019-03-06, 9:14 AM

Hello,

I solved my issue and now my phone is vibrating perfectly when I receive phone calls; I write here the steps I followed, hoping that this could help someone else.

Well, I didn't know about that but Android P has an extra option to disable vibration for calls and notifications... Please take a look here:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/06/android-p-disable-vibrate-notifications/

I went in "configuration > accessibility > vibration" and I found out that option "vibration for calls" was set to "off": I set it to "on" and I solved my issue :-)

Options

2035 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2897 Signins

51611 Page Views

• Views: 51611
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-03-06, 15:11 PM

wrote:

Hello,

I solved my issue and now my phone is vibrating perfectly when I receive phone calls; I write here the steps I followed, hoping that this could help someone else.

Well, I didn't know about that but Android P has an extra option to disable vibration for calls and notifications... Please take a look here:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/06/android-p-disable-vibrate-notifications/

I went in "configuration > accessibility > vibration" and I found out that option "vibration for calls" was set to "off": I set it to "on" and I solved my issue :-)

I'm happy to hear you figured it out. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save