Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-17-2019

Mexico

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 7

Moto g7 plus battery drains and heats up

2019-04-17, 22:42 PM

Bought a Mg7 plus on the basis of it's claimed long lasting battery, about a month ago. The battery doesn't last even a day with an intensive use. I've checked and there doesn't seem to be a problem with running apps. Also, the back of the phone tends to heat up and keyboard starts failing when this happens. It heats in when I'm using it a lot. Is this a common problem? Could you check if there is a problem at a distance? I can tell you that my Moto g6 plus had the same kind of use and had a longer lasting battery and it never heated up. Thanks in advance.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto g7 plus battery drains and heats up

2019-04-24, 19:27 PM

Hi Jopardo,

Thank you for posting. Phones do get warm and even hot, but almost never dangerously so. It is normal for a phone to get warm while charging and discharging, and the faster it is charging -- or the more power it is using -- the hotter it may get. If you are gaming or streaming media or navigating you should expect the phone to get warm. If your phone should ever get warm enough to be concerning, you will see a warning, and the phone will even shut down automatically so it can cool. These are rare events but the safeguards are there.

If you are concerned, you can cool your phone by stopping any high-drain activity you may be doing; moving your phone out of the sunlight, or simply turning it off for a few minutes.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

10 Posts

01-24-2015

Romania

13 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 3 of 7

2019-04-26, 21:59 PM

Zeke, your reply sounds like the guy doesn`t know how to use a mobile phone... 

Moto G7 has problems in terms of battery optimisation. G6 Plus lasts 1,5 - 2 days on a single charge, G7 Plus can barely last for a day. G6 Plus stayed cool no matter what you did with it, G7 plus gets warm on normal usage. It`s that simple, G7 Plus has some problems that must be solved. 

Options

3 Posts

04-17-2019

Mexico

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 4 of 7

2019-04-26, 22:07 PM
Yep, that's right. I surely hoped for more support, but I now assume Motorola's quality is no longer absolutely reliable. I can tell when a phone has issues. Just by simple comparison to previous phones. I am super disappointed of Moto G7 plus. I regret having donated my Moto G6, I miss it.
Options

10 Posts

01-24-2015

Romania

13 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 5 of 7

2019-04-26, 22:26 PM

Same here, had a G6 Plus, moved to G7 Plus, it dissapointed me.

First of all, the battery management is crap, compared to G6 Plus, which lasted 1,5  - 2 days on a full charge.

Second, I don`t know what they did with the sound in earphones, it`s low compared to G6 and even lower on the FM radio app, at least on my unit. On another unit - which was not updated - the sound is fine. 

Third, the camera software is... a step back compared to G6 Plus. 

And I`m sure they know all of these. 

Options

1 Posts

06-07-2019

Norway

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 6 of 7

2019-06-07, 21:44 PM

I have the exact same experience! Was very happy with my g5 plus, and had high hopes for g7 plus, but with g7 I cant even talk om the phone without headset for 5 min without getting uncomfortable warm on my ear and cheek. Thought it was malfunctioning, but now it seems like this is a common problem...

Options

1 Posts

07-06-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 23
  • Message 7 of 7

2019-07-06, 9:01 AM

I have the same issue. I bought my G7 Plus about two weeks ago. The battery lasts about 12-14 hours and I am not using it intensively at all. Just basic browsing. I have adjusted brightness down a bit and not a long screen timeout etc. I had the G5s Plus which my wife now uses. That would last 1 day.

I was very happy with the G5s Plus and not happy with the G7 plus.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms