Options

0 Posts

03-14-2020

CA

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto g7 plus headphone persistant high pitch buzzing for the other person on the call

2020-03-14, 18:42 PM
I have had my phone for about 2 months only. It seems like when i use headphones for calls (especially the "regular" apple headphones), there is a very high pitch, loud buzzing. I don't hear it, only the person on the other hand hears it, which is really not practical: I have had medical staff hanging up on me as i was phoning them to make appointment because the line was bad. I had no clue about it until it happened several times in a row with family members (despite hanging up and phoning back a few times in a row). That was about 3 weeks ago. I hoped it would stop on its on (with a software patch for example), but it did not. I tried with 3 different sets of headphones: 2 white apple sets and one Beats. It seems to happen more with the white set. It doesn't do it all the time. Sometimes it stops after a few seconds, sometimes it doesn't. If I unplug a few times, it might make it stop, but it is not always successful. I did the test on the Moto help/diagnostic/hardware. When I plug and unplug, the icon changes most of the time but each time it is slow to change (it takes a few seconds). I have another Moto G4, i did a similar test and the icon changes quickly. What can I do? My phone is under warranty but it is such an ordeal to have to send it away for several days (and what do you do with the personal info on the phone) that I really hope I don't have to. Hopefully there is a software patch or something that can solve it. I don't know if it is related but the plug seems not straight, but slightly bent (I notice it when the headphones jack is in). Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions you might have.
Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Moto g7 plus headphone persistant high pitch buzzing for the other person on the call

2020-03-19, 16:45 PM

Hi Bree321,

I would first suggest restarting the device (press and hold the power button until it reboots). Can you replicate the same behavior when making calls using third-party apps like Messenger or Skype? Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save