SI

3 Signins

91 Page Views

• Views: 91
  • Message 1 of 46

My G7 Power and problems with incoming and outgoing calls

2019-07-09, 9:44 AM

Hello !

I bought MOtorola G7 Power approximatelly 1,5 months ago. The choice for the model was puerly based on the luxury of having a big, llong lasting battery. For the usual user (making calls, texting, and reading emails and a bit of surfing) super good screen that drains the battery is out of question.

I bought it on Amazon (from Italy), I am based in Slovenia.

For 4 weeks I was really satisfied with it. Speed, simplicity of Android (previous iPhone user), the battery life....all good.

Then suddenly, I cant find a reason, started having problems with outgoing calls. I try to make a call, there is no sound , nothing and then suddenly just a closing sound and that is it. Friends tell me of similar thing when they try to call me.

I am not saying I cnat make any calls at all, but purely random. Or some numbers I try 4-5-6 times with the sam result and then suddenly it makes a call.

I can text, I can use wifi, no problems. Just making calls and being almost unreachable to people....this is a negative surprise. I started to look fro my old iPhone to give it a rebirth....but I really dont want to....

I did a factory reset, maybe some applications were making troubles....no....same thing

running it in Safe mode.....no....same trouble.....

I am bedazzled by this randomness......

Motorola, please help !

Best, Kepezzo

Options

9158 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1046 Signins

140037 Page Views

• Views: 140037
  • Message 2 of 46

Re: My G7 Power and problems with incoming and outgoing calls

2019-07-11, 16:29 PM

Hi Kepezzo,

Thanks for the post. Based on your description, it looks like it's intermittent. I'd like to confirm, were these regular phone calls? How about calls using third-party apps like Messenger and Skype? To make sure I would recommend testing the hardware using the Moto Help app > Diagnosis > Hardware Test > Microphone > Receiver. Let me know the results. Also, please consider the network signal strength when that happens. Possible sound is not transmitting due to low signal. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

07-08-2019

US

18 Signins

205 Page Views

• Views: 205
  • Message 3 of 46

2019-07-15, 15:19 PM

I'm having the same problem with my G7 Power, intermittent incoming and outgoing calls.

I've replaced the SIM, sent the phone back for warranty and received a replacement phone and still am having the same poor results.

When I place a call the signal strength indication goes to zero I can verify this by going to the Settings SIM status page, signal strength is 109 dBm 31 asu but drops to zero when a call is placed. Many of my incoming call go directly to voice mail.  All other functions of the phone appear to operate normally. I tried the Moto Help suggestions listed above by Tech Support with no problems noted.

Any suggestion going forward would be appreciated.

Options

9158 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1046 Signins

140037 Page Views

• Message 4 of 46

2019-07-18, 15:42 PM

Hi dalewil,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

07-08-2019

US

18 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 5 of 46

2019-07-18, 17:04 PM

Thanks Rich for getting back to me.  I'm having a little trouble locating "Motorola Privacy" in Settings on Android 9.

I have no problem with you accessing my apps profile once I verify Privacy setting are correct.

Thanks

Dale W

Options

9 Posts

07-08-2019

US

18 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 6 of 46

2019-07-18, 17:13 PM

I've set my profile up as requested.

DW

Options

9 Posts

07-08-2019

US

18 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 7 of 46

2019-07-18, 17:39 PM
Okay after locating Motorola Privacy I verified that the two setting were both set ON.
Options

9158 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1046 Signins

140037 Page Views

• Message 8 of 46

2019-07-19, 20:18 PM

Hi dalewil,

Thanks for updating your profile. I checked your signal strength, it's running moderate to good most of the time. I'd like to confirm, were these VOLTE calls or just regular phone calls? Does it always happen whenever you make phone calls and regardless of your contact?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

07-20-2019

US

5 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 9 of 46

2019-07-20, 1:18 AM

I have the exact same behavior with my Moto G7, just purchased and set-up this week. ATT carrier.

I've setup my profile with EID and carrier as original poster.

Notes:

1. When I make a call, I'll have full signal, LTE symbol. The connection always drops to an "H" when the call is placed. It can take up to a minute for the call to go through. Sometimes it never does.

2. Regarding received calls: It is intermittent as well. I can be in the same room as someone trying to call me, all with full signal. My phone never rings, goes straight to voice mail. No notification of missed call. I only know they called is if they leave message. Other times it works as it's supposed.

Behavior may be rlated to IMEI not being recognized by ATT: See here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g7-play-moto-g7-moto-g7/Moto-g7-power-no-mobile-data-on-AT-amp-T/m-p/4410979/highlight/true#M915

I told ATT store guy this, but he just put me on another APN and told me to see if that helped. It doesn't. Trying to decide whether phone is defective or what, but I really like the phone, if I could sort this flakey call behavior.

Options

2 Posts

07-20-2019

US

5 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 10 of 46

2019-07-21, 20:59 PM

Went to AT&T store. They put a new sim card in.  No change. He said, I'm pretty much screwed as far as ATT tech support, since they don't sel Moto. 

This is what I get for trying to get a decent phone at non-premium prices, I guess. I love the phone, if the calls/signal issues could be sorted.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete