Options

3 Posts

06-26-2020

US

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 4

My G7 Power doesn't work right most of the time when connected to Wi-Fi.

2020-07-31, 15:56 PM
I can browse websites just fine and download things on wifi but my text messages often won't come until 10 minutes later or not at all. If they do, I'll get them three or four times. Those automatic SMS some sites give you a five minute window to login as a two-step authentication with a code especially don't like to come until it's too late. Outgoing phone calls often just sit there on connecting and don't ring anyone's phones. Incoming phone calls are often completely missed by my phone and go straight to voicemail without telling me I ever got a call. If someone doesn't leave a voicemail, I have no idea anyone called. As soon as I turn the Wi-Fi thing off, my phone seems to work normally again most of the time. Restarting the phone sometimes helps, but it doesn't last very long before I'm having issues again. There's nothing wrong with the Wi-Fi signal itself because I'm browsing the web just fine and not experiencing problems with the Wi-Fi itself. It just seems too heavily break my texts and calls. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Options

1846 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1682 Signins

26128 Page Views

• Views: 26128
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:My G7 Power doesn't work right most of the time when connected to Wi-Fi.

2020-07-31, 18:51 PM

First things to try are,

Phone Settings > Apps and Info > Messaging > Storage and Delete Data and Cache. This is a non-destructive action.

And then a Forced reboot which emulates taking the Battery out and can clear clogged RAM of old data.

Press and hold the Power button in for around 10/15 seconds until the phone restarts.

HTH :)

Options

3 Posts

06-26-2020

US

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-08-03, 14:53 PM
Hmmm, I don't seem to have a "Phone Settings.". Just "Settings." And there's no "Apps and Info." Just "Apps and Notifications." What you describe doesn't seem to be in there.
Options

2372 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2957 Signins

54426 Page Views

• Views: 54426
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-08-04, 13:37 PM

@ wayc wrote:

Hmmm, I don't seem to have a "Phone Settings.". Just "Settings." And there's no "Apps and Info." Just "Apps and Notifications." What you describe doesn't seem to be in there.

Hello, that is what @Porphyrius meant. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all x apps > Messages > Storage & cache... 

I do have one other question, what carrier are you using?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete