Options

3 Posts

06-16-2020

US

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

Need a path or switch option to disable "Slow Charging" notification! Still, after 10 years or more

2020-06-16, 17:23 PM

Can any one help with the annoying 'ding'?

I figured I didn't need a fast charge option to keep my phone charged when it's beside my bed at night... and... I use this to listen to music or nature sounds to go to sleep.  But, imagine after using it w/o a charger, and my phone running down; I hook it up to a slow charge (after all it will be there all night), and I get a consistant dinging coming over the bluetooth speakers... and discover my phone is griping something about "Turbocharge" over and over again.

Then, I search the forums to find out how to disable this incessant dinging... not Calming my nerves while trying to sleep. Argggg.. drain battery again.... unplug. **bleep**!  And someone in one of these other posts says.... it's dangerous to charge it slowly.... (What?)  As an engineer it makes no sense, as long as the phone stops when it's charged.  Besides, shouldn't the ding be a warning, and not just a nuisance if there is danger to my life?  So, I shoot a request for the post to prove what they say... in the meantime.

Is it dangerous, if so... instead of a ding, the phone should say... WARNING: Do not use a slow charger could cause bodily harm or death.  Not 'Turbocharge"... ding... 'Turbocharge"... ding... 'Turbocharge"... ding...   Get the point? 

So... 1: Is it dangerous? 2: If not, then how do I disable the ding in my Moto 7 power.   And, I too want to say that since my first Motorola, I've never bought anything else.  (I may change my mind next time; which I do not want to do... More than 10 years (before current owners) this phone is the best - intuitive, almost if not all the hardware needed for the OS, etc.  Trusted... seriously I don't want to leave... but...).  Is this anything more than a push notification to force us to buy Turbochargers instead when a cheap charger will work.  Like beside the bed where it will stay connected all night?

so, my workaround is to charge my phone with a turbocharger at night. (Which is really warping the wood from the heat)  But, hey at least I have a phone ready to go in the morning.  But, still; what if I'm stuck somewhere and need charge... any charge.  I'd think we'd be in luck... a, more Android than Apple, thing.  More USB-C or plain slow chargers than ever.  So...

Anyone know how to disable the ding for the slow charge... last post I saw pointed to setting UI settings to low priority... but that's not available in this version of the OS.  Did they finally put one in; or are we still SOL?   Any help here please?

Solved! See the solution
Options

2435 Posts

03-11-2019

US

629 Signins

46240 Page Views

• Views: 46240
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Need a path or switch option to disable "Slow Charging" notification! Still, after 10 years or more

2020-06-18, 15:02 PM

Hi Cyberchipz,

Thanks for posting your concern. We suggest to reset app preferences by going to Settings > Apps and Notifications > See all apps > More (3 dots on the upper right) > Reset app preferences. After doing the steps then reboot the phone. You may also try turning off the charging sounds which is located in Settings > Sound > Advanced > Charging Sounds. Let us know if it helps. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

06-16-2020

US

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:Need a path or switch option to disable "Slow Charging" notification! Still, after 10 years or more

2020-10-07, 22:45 PM

That was helpful; I found what I needed, I hope, in Settings/Sound/Advanced... Charging Sounds and Vibration (I presume vibration only on charging sounds).  I have yet to test.  The fist method didn't produce any results, you'd have to specify which app controls the charging sounds, nothing was immediately obvious when I looked, the three dots are no longer available in this section.  That's how fast things become obsolete. :-/

If I don't make any further comments; we may presume that this worked for me.  Ultimately I just went for a Tubocharger, since it should stop once fully charged.  Since I'm sleeping and haven't woken when that happens, I presume it didn't notify me it's fully charged, and yes, I have that [Battery Full Notification] turned off! ;-)   I appreciate the fine grain control I have!   I have been a loyal Motorola user for 20 years, through multiple owners! ;-)   A phone must first have the hardware to make full use of the Android OS; and so I thank you! :-)

BTW, as a courtesy, this slow charge option "warning" should be OFF by default.  It's only a pester to encourage people to buy hardware specific charging.  Slow charging works fine!  Although I do prefer equipment made specifically for my phone!  Equipment should be able to take advantage of all the bells and whistles built into a phone; with generic there's no guarantee; however, this doesn't mean that generic will not use those features automatically! 

Chip

Options

22 Posts

03-07-2020

GB

77 Signins

245 Page Views

• Views: 245
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-10-10, 12:09 PM

i too prefer not to use my turbo charger whenever possible (to prolong the life of the battery), but I use a 2A charger which obviously doesn't quick charge, but doesn't complain  about it either

i marshall
Options

11366 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1161 Signins

157510 Page Views

• Views: 157510
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-10-12, 13:07 PM

Hi Imarsh72,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't think turbo charging will not prolong the battery life nor has something to do with the battery life hours of the phone. But here are some tips on how to increase your battery life. Here's the link. You can also check there how to properly charge the phone. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete