01-07-2020

US

4 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 2

New Moto G7 Play Headphone Jack & Google Assistant Problem

2020-01-07, 0:45 AM

My Moto G7 Play was working fine for about a week. Today, suddenly, when I opened my Google Podcasts App, whilst having my headphones plugged in, and hit play on a podcast Google Assistant would pop up because it seemed to think I was talking to it.

Also, the audio for the podcasts was inexplicably lower than it's ever been, even with the volume turned all the way up.

I tried different headphones. I tried unplugging and plugging the headphones back in. Same result. Google Assistant would just keep popping up every time I hit play. I turned Google Assistant off. Then, a notification would pop up asking me if I wanted to turn Google Assistant On.

Then a sustained *removed* emitted from the headphones when I plugged them in, until finally the Moto G7 Play stopped recognizing they were plugged in at all (I've tried several diff headphones so that's not the problem) and just played audio straight out of the device.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Options

8736 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136177 Page Views

• Views: 136177
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:New Moto G7 Play Headphone Jack & Google Assistant Problem

2020-02-25, 21:58 PM

Hi TK86,

Are you still experiencing this? Please make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store. Try a different headset/earphone, some times I encountered this when the headset jack was pushed a little harder in the port and/or if the cable was moved near the headset jack. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save