US

1022 Signins

135582 Page Views

• Views: 135582
  • Message 11 of 81

Re: New Moto g7 Power - very low sound

2019-08-05, 15:15 PM

Hi LOLserver,

Does it only happen with specific contacts? Has this been like this ever since or this is only intermittent? Is there any difference with calls from third-party apps? Also, when you say "default Moto sound", are you referring to the ringtone? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

08-04-2019

NO

7 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 12 of 81

2019-08-05, 15:40 PM
Hi Rich, it happens all the time and not with specific contacts. Yes the ringtone, it gives a ringtone I never chose but I wanted the Moto ringtone back which was very loud.

Is there ANY way to reset the telephone ringtones & volumes?

The Moto G7 is only 4 months old. It has been working properly until a couple of weeks ago.

Regards, Eric
Options

8659 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135582 Page Views

• Message 13 of 81

2019-08-07, 19:50 PM

I would first recommend booting your phone in safe mode and see if you'll observe the same behavior. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

You can also try doing the reset app preferences (Settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options > Reset App Preferences). Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

08-08-2019

US

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 14 of 81

2019-08-08, 5:10 AM

My wife and I are having similar problems with our newly purchased Moto G7 Power phones. In our case, she cannot hear me when I call her. I tried rebooting in safe mode per your recommendation and there was noticeable improvement. Looking through the apps to see which one might be interfering, I removed Hiya, and did a restart. Still very weak audio. So I don't think it was Hiya. Any recommendations what app could be causing the problem?

Options

2 Posts

08-08-2019

IE

3 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 15 of 81

2019-08-08, 18:30 PM

I have the exact same problem. I litterally just opened the box and I noticed the volume is very low , worried I won't here my alarm in the morning low. The sound only plays through the top speaker. When I do the Moto help test it plays through both speakers. is there a solution or do I need to go to the effort of returning a new phone.

2019-08-10, 18:28 PM

Hi, I found this thread because I too have exactly the same volume problem. Can only use my G7 as a phone if in speaker mode. I bought it two weeks ago. To begin with I had perfect volume. Then, without knowing why, I just lost all volume. Done all the things you suggest. I'm not in Do Not Disturb. I have all cursors up to max. Just about hear the alarm in the morning. But can't hear calls coming in.

Bought it from MediaMarkt online. Was going to go to their shop in Liege but first trying this.

Hope you can help?

Thanks, PV.

Options

8 Posts

06-22-2019

US

6 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 17 of 81

2019-08-11, 17:53 PM

B&H sent another phone, same exact problem.  Hard to believe 2 phones could randomly have the same problem.   Obviously it was not random.   Sent that back, they kept $109 for about $10 worth of free junk they sent (free sim card for a phone service, 1 glass screen protector & one cheap plastic cover for the phone) that I didn't order and didn't want plus I also sent it all back so I got two defective phones and swindled out of $109 so beware of B&H selling known defects and then swindling long time customers.   Again, hard to believe that 2 brand new phones had the same exact problem.   So I bought a g7 play from somewhere else that works fine thankfully but I guess some vendors buy defective stuff or I don't know what happened.   But overall poor showing by Motorola and B&H, I now have a phone that I can actually hear people speaking when they call, but I got ripped off and heavily inconvenienced in the process.

Options

8 Posts

06-22-2019

US

6 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 18 of 81

2019-08-11, 17:54 PM
B&H sent another phone, same exact problem. Hard to believe 2 phones could randomly have the same problem. Obviously it was not random. Sent that back, they kept $109 for about $10 worth of free junk they sent (free sim card for a phone service, 1 glass screen protector & one cheap plastic cover for the phone) that I didn't order and didn't want plus I also sent it all back so I got two defective phones and swindled out of $109 so beware of B&H selling known defects and then swindling long time customers. Again, hard to believe that 2 brand new phones had the same exact problem. So I bought a g7 play from somewhere else that works fine thankfully but I guess some vendors buy defective stuff or I don't know what happened. But overall poor showing by Motorola and B&H, I now have a phone that I can actually hear people speaking when they call, but I got ripped off and heavily inconvenienced in the process.
Options

3 Posts

08-04-2019

NO

7 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 19 of 81

2019-08-12, 4:39 AM
It seems the Enable Safe Mode worked on my phone although not completely, I can receive phone calls but not all of them, I still do not receive sometimes : ((.

The ring tone volume is still VERY LOW and no matter what I do I cannot make it go UP, disappointing. Shall I live with it?, I have no idea if the volume problem is a reason to ask for my money back.
Options

8659 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135582 Page Views

• Message 20 of 81

2019-08-12, 15:55 PM

Hi JCS68,

Try doing the factory data reset without restoring your apps. Backup your files before doing the reset. Once done, don't reinstall your apps instead, try putting them back one at a time until you find out which app is causing an issue. 

Hi Mickmk7,

Are we talking about the media volume or the ringtone volume? Please note that the notification/ringtone/alarm are in the default ascending mode. The sound will be low at the very beginning and then it ascends to louder volume.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save