08-08-2019

IE

3 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 21 of 81

Re: New Moto g7 Power - very low sound

2019-08-12, 19:06 PM

All sounds are week for phone calls in any sort of a built up area I need to put the phone onto speaker mode , the speakers are honestly weak 

Options

7 Posts

04-23-2019

US

21 Signins

131 Page Views

• Views: 131
  • Message 22 of 81

2019-08-19, 21:11 PM

My Moto G7 Power is only a couple of weeks old.  When I first received the phone, the sound was perfect.  Now I can't hear anything.  I keep missing my alarms in the morning because I can't hear them.  I can no longer hear the people I'm calling.  I did try resetting the apps and that didn't help.  I tried it in Safe Mode and the problem still exists.

I really do love this phone and would hate to have to bring it back.  Anything else I can try? 

Thanks

Options

8 Posts

06-22-2019

US

6 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 23 of 81

2019-08-20, 14:42 PM

This phone obviously has some defects or software patch needed.  Unfortunately for me, I lost money on this issue the retailer B&H got two defective phones back from me but kept a chunk of my money..... 

Options

8 Posts

06-22-2019

US

6 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 24 of 81

2019-08-20, 14:44 PM
This phone obviously has this problem, Motorola should reimburse me the money B&H kept after I returned 2 defective phones.

2019-08-20, 15:08 PM

My G7 Power has now been sent back via the shop I bought it at. Have had exactly the same issue. They lent me another phone. Due to get my Rola back in two weeks. We'll see : it does sound like there is a real production problme though. Shame, cos otherwise it seemed like a great phone with fab battery life....

Options

38 Posts

08-20-2019

CA

24 Signins

543 Page Views

• Views: 543
  • Message 26 of 81

The 'me moto too' movement

2019-08-21, 0:51 AM

I am having the same problem with my Moto G7 Power. I received my first call from today on my new phone (16 hours old) and I could barely hear the caller. I presumed it was either because it was long distance or because of the cheap case I had put on for protection (very slippery back of phone and too-pretty round corners for a man to hold onto the thing). Just to be sure I took the protection off and had him call back. Didn't make any difference. I had to hold the phone very close to my ear for the 30 minute call. I was thinking 'over CAD 300 for such poor sound?' He asked me to use speaker phone it was so bad.  But I didn't want to interrupt the call to figure out that function. It wasn't an obvious mechanical button like on some phones.

After *my boss* hung up I felt rather embarrassed by my incompetence at having chosen the wrong first smartphone outside of Apple for our project. But I quickly taught myself where the speaker phone touch-screen button was and speaker phone worked fine. Well, a little bit of up and down wavering, but a lot louder than the built in speaker. I mean I could actually hear without having my ear an inch from the pinprick of a speaker. I can't be using the speaker phone function all the time. I find it rude when people do so, especially on the bus, as if no one exists in around them.

I have a couple of other thus far minor disappointments with the phone's functionability (watch for other threads/comments), but this is the worst one thus far. Maybe this model, or this release, or this batch, is a 'lemon' as they say?

Options

38 Posts

08-20-2019

CA

24 Signins

543 Page Views

• Message 27 of 81

Re: Moto G7 Power Sound Problem

2019-08-21, 0:58 AM
Options

38 Posts

08-20-2019

CA

24 Signins

543 Page Views

• Message 28 of 81

2019-08-21, 1:01 AM

wrote:

I have the exact same problem. I litterally just opened the box and I noticed the volume is very low , worried I won't here my alarm in the morning low. The sound only plays through the top speaker. When I do the Moto help test it plays through both speakers. is there a solution or do I need to go to the effort of returning a new phone.

{new person's remarks follow...} Based on the minuscule sound I didn't even know there *was* another speaker other than the top one! In fact, looking at the 'Read me" (simplified Get Started) guide I don't see any mention of any more than one speaker. Do you have some special model or do I?

BTW, shouldn't the quotation vertical line just cover what I am quoting not the entire text of this reply plus the original?

Options

38 Posts

08-20-2019

CA

24 Signins

543 Page Views

• Message 29 of 81

2019-08-21, 1:04 AM
Options

38 Posts

08-20-2019

CA

24 Signins

543 Page Views

• Message 30 of 81

Re: Moto G7 Power Sound Problem

2019-08-21, 1:13 AM

wrote:

Hi Heatherjk76,

Does it only happen with Youtube? How about other media apps? Kindly try testing this on safe mode. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Thanks for this possible fix. I am trying now. Yes, the sound of device turning on and the silly 'hello Moto' announcement are nice and loud after following your instructions above. But as they were never an issue from the start, the question is whether the incoming CALLS will be loud also. I will arrange to have someone call me.

Well, the news is not good. For an almost senior with very minor age-related hearing loss (but still within the range of normal) the incoming call volume, even when set at maximum, is marginal. The person in his twenties who called me said I sounded fine calling him, both on my phone and his. But both when I used this Moto G7 Power and his phone I found the volume of his voice marginal. This would on the face of it suggest that my hearing is at fault. However, using my $50 flip phone just yesterday I had no issues understanding my brother. Therefore it is either a hardware or software issue with this model of Motorola phone. Or so it seems. I am clearly not the only one perplexed and complaining.

Sorry for the empty or duplicate posts. I did not know that quick reply does not quote. Now I am trying to delete empty posts after cut and pastes with quoted comments. Not obvious how.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save