08-25-2019

US

3 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 51 of 81

Re: Moto G7 Power Sound Problem

2019-09-18, 14:52 PM

There was a solution for me.  I went to Moto Help on my phone and went through the trouble shoot menu.  I got to one part that asked "Do you have a screen saver on your phone?"  I immediately removed the screen saver, and whala!!   My phone sound worked perfectly.  It turned out that I had covered the speaker on the phone with my screen saver.  The speaker is on the front of the phone at the top.  I felt pretty silly, but now I have a working phone.  Perhaps, this could be your problem and many other's problem with their G7 Power.

Options

7 Posts

04-23-2019

US

21 Signins

131 Page Views

• Views: 131
  • Message 52 of 81

Re: New Moto g7 Power - very low sound

2019-09-18, 17:36 PM

So, my first phone went back to Motorola and they informed me that they could not fix it.  Just to recap, my volume had worked well initially and, at some point, it almost disappeared altogether  When receiving phone calls, I had to use the speaker just to hear people talking.  So, Motorola sent me a replacement phone.  When I received the new phone, I did not bring over everything from my previous phone.  I wanted to do everything manually to see if I could figure out a problem.

The volume on this new phone is VERY loud (not complaining!), so as I added apps, I keep checking the volume and so far, everything is working perfectly.  I did read where someone found that a screen saver was the problem.  I did have a photo of a loved one as a screen saver on my last phone.  On this new phone, I did not use that.  So maybe that was the problem.  I don't know but I'm not putting it on the phone because I'm afraid of losing my volume again.

This forum has been very good for me to track this problem and even though there is no "fix" yet, maybe we're getting closer?  

Options

3 Posts

09-30-2019

US

3 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 53 of 81

Audio is low when playing music or podcasts

2019-10-01, 3:38 AM

I'm a newbie when it comes to Motorola phones. I've not had one since an old green candy bar phone over 10 yesterday ago.

I'm trying to figure out why the audio playback is so low. Phone sounds, notifications and so on are fine, but any sort of audio playback, whether its podcasts or Pandora is super quiet, literally half of what any other Android device I've ever had. Its low coming through Bluetooth speakers and its low coming through the speaker on the phone.

The only thing different I've noticed between this phone and others, is the others all pop-up a notification that using the volume over headset, etc can be damaging so typically there's an agreement button you push, then you can increase the volume to Bluetooth headphones, external speakers, etc. This phone doesn't do that prompt. 

Anyone who can help me find whatever magic setting increases the volume? I've found the Motorola G7 Power to be a pretty good phone aside from the audio sound being too low.

Thanks!

Options

2 Posts

09-11-2019

GB

3 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 54 of 81

2019-10-07, 15:24 PM

Tim 624 who did you contact for a replacement phone, my phone has all the same problems as you. All ok to begin with, then the sound just died.

Now having to put the speaker phone on,a putting the phone to my ear just to hear the other persons calling,s sometimes if  i am in a buisy/noisy enviroment having to put the phone down due to being unable to hear the caller. 

All sounds are the same, very quiet.

Options

7 Posts

04-23-2019

US

21 Signins

131 Page Views

• Message 55 of 81

2019-10-07, 16:30 PM

I went to motorola.com, clicked on support and signed in there.  It showed my phone and I contacted them there with my problems.  They got back to me pretty quickly (can't remember exactly, but it certainly didn't take forever) and we discussed my options.  If your phone is still under warranty, there should be no problems getting another phone.  Just be sure to let them know about the sound problems.

Hope this helps!

Options

2 Posts

09-11-2019

GB

3 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 56 of 81

2019-10-07, 19:23 PM

Great thanks ?

Options

8 Posts

06-22-2019

US

6 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 57 of 81

2019-10-08, 18:16 PM

I have to disagree, the warranty for defective phones is PAY for a new phone, they'll send you the new phone, then credit you when you return the old phone.  So warranty means you are without a phone for a week and out the money and they may or may not give it or all of the money back.  Not sure how many people are in a position to not have a phone for a week.   But customer service in the corporate exploitation age is a thing of the past, they are in a position to screw anyone so they do.   But getting two defective phones both with 1/10th the normal sound really sucked, no way to work around it.  It was just a software deficiency needing a patch or update, but they can't admit to anything and nobody knows anything.  Then the vendor (not Motorola) screwed me out of $109 upon return because I didn't have the packaging for "free" stuff I did not even buy or request so a $2.50 (max) screen cover and a "free" sim card for a bogus phone service total BS, so not thrilled about that either, it's like they all just want to screw you for their cut, they will make their costs and their profit margin even if they have to steal it from you and it's a defective phone but they still don't lose a penny, ever.  YOU lose, that's the corporate game.

Options

7 Posts

04-23-2019

US

21 Signins

131 Page Views

• Message 58 of 81

2019-10-09, 0:29 AM

Okay, so yes I had to send Motorola my phone.  But I picked up a cheap phone for $20 to use in the interim.  They told me to keep my sim card, phone case and anything else I had on or in my phone.  They only wanted the phone back.  And no, it didn't take a week.  It was a few days before I got the new phone and this one is working amazingly well.

I didn't go through the vendor, so I don't know about their problems with returns.  I also did not have the original packaging, but Motorola was fine with me sending the phone back in a padded envelope.  The delivery people even came and picked up the phone for free to return it to Motorola.  That was a free overnight.

This isn't a magic show but I did a lot of research before diving in to get a fix for my bad phone.  And I have to say that this group helped me enormously, too.  I'm very sorry for all you've had to go through but my experience with my warranty has been vastly different from yours.  Maybe it all depends on our particular circumstances, I don't know.  What I do know is that my experience was very good and I have a Moto G7 Power that works perfectly.  

Options

1 Posts

10-12-2019

GB

2 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 59 of 81

Sound problems on Moto G7 Power

2019-10-12, 18:12 PM

I bought this phone in June this year and until yesterday it was working fine. Suddenly all the volumes - ringing, hearing callers and playing audio - have gone incredibly low and quiet. I checked using headphones and can intermittently get decent sound but the minute the jack moves it loses the connection or something and the sound virtually disappears. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Options

12 Posts

08-17-2015

FI

6 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 60 of 81

2019-10-17, 8:41 AM

My Moto G7 Plus worked fine for a few weeks, then all the notification sounds turned very low, except for incoming calls. Please advice.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save