12-16-2019

US

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 71 of 83

Re: New Moto g7 Power - very low sound

2020-02-05, 16:13 PM

I cannot hear the person who called me on phone. If I switch to speaker I can hear.them fine. No matter what I do I cannot get column to a point that I can hear caller. What is issue??? Will this be fixed in next software update?  Very very annoying. This is my 3rd moto   phone and this issue will stop.me from buying anymotorola devices.in future. 

Let me know what solution is. 

Frank

Options

0 Posts

02-07-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 72 of 83

2020-02-07, 19:38 PM

For weeks I could not hear my phone ring, alarm, notification sounds. My problem was there was something in my speaker. I cleaned it out and it works fine now. 

2020-02-11, 20:29 PM
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MOTOROLA PRODUCT AGAIN. THEY ARE CHEAPLY MADE WITH KNOWN DESIGN FLAWS AND THE COMPANY WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT WITH THESE KNOWN ISSUES.
Options

0 Posts

02-14-2020

US

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 74 of 83

New Moto g7 Power - very low speakerphone sound

2020-02-14, 20:43 PM

New Moto G7 Power running Android 9.  All sounds, alerts and media are fine. 

Phone call volume is good if held to ear. 

When speakerphone is activated the call volume is very low.   Cannot fine separate adjustment for speakerphone. Ran CQA audio test on loudspeaker and ear speaker and both were good.

The speaker hardware seems to be fine.

Any suggestions why only speakerphone volume on calls is poor and what can be done?

Thank you

Options

0 Posts

02-16-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 75 of 83

2020-02-16, 19:27 PM

I have the moto g7 plus, but the excact same problem. I solved this by turning off the "pick up to silence" option in Moto actions in "moto" settings. Hope this helps!

Options

0 Posts

02-14-2020

US

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 76 of 83

2020-02-18, 3:48 AM

Thank you Fransebass for the suggestion, however the "pick up to silence" was already unselected. Bummer................does anyone have any additional thoughts?  Personally I think it is Android 9.  My wife has a Moto G6 that was just fine running Android 8, upon upgrade to Android 9 she now also has this same issue with speakerphone volume on calls.

2020-02-19, 4:28 AM

Wow! I've gone thru the mill with my new G7. I'm on the Ting network and have had multiple Moto G phones on their GSM network over the past several years. I activated my new phone (w/ Alexa from Amazon) on Saturday, 4 days ago. Unfortunately, I bought the phone in December and was delayed getting it activated til now.

Long story short, I've had a bundle of issues that the CSR reps from Ting have helped me resolve. The last one, low volume causing my calls to be dismal, the person I'm calling having a hard time hearing me, even with the call volume at MAX. All other volumes (videos, FB, YouTube, alarms, voicemail messages, etc at normal levels.

I managed to find the 'Hardware Test' and I discovered that the RECEIVER test proves to be almost undetectable in the volume level, almost a 'whisper'. Speaker test was fine. I'm not prone to doing a hard reset and re-adding apps one at a time, when the device test proves a problem with the receiver.

Now, what to do? I don't think this issue can be resolved with Resets, Safe mode, etc. Is that correct? Do I have a dud? I'm past the window of return to Amazon, but if I have a lemon, I'm gonna pursue thru Motorola and seek a replacement under warrantee...Please advise. Am I missing something?  I obviously have done all the typical 'troubleshooting' steps - I have nothing blocking the receiver, tested without my gel case, no lint or other stuff blocking the receiver, etc, etc.) Thanks for any helpful ideas. 

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136267 Page Views

• Views: 136267
  • Message 78 of 83

2020-02-20, 16:27 PM

Hi meloh,

The receiver is usually low sound unless I'm not totally understanding what's happening. If the person you're calling cannot hear you, the microphone is the one we need to test here. Let me know. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-02-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 79 of 83

Re:New Moto g7 Power - very low sound

2020-03-02, 17:39 PM

Same problem here.  (tried resets, safe mode, etc - all same result - super low sound)

From the looks of this forum, this is a general problem with this phone model.   Firmware updates?

It is getting old having to call everyone back.

Options

2 Posts

03-11-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 80 of 83

Re:New Moto g7 Power - very low sound

2020-03-11, 20:09 PM
Odd as it may sound, I resolved volume issues (phone calls, YouTube, Prime video) by changing the settings in Google Play Music. Open the app, tap the three bars in the upper left, and scroll down to settings. In settings, scroll down to playback, then choose equalizer. Turn Audio Effects ON, then choose your preferred preset (I find balanced preset works best for me). Restart your phone and try it... I hope it works for you as well as it did for me!
Screenshot_20200311-160717.png
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save