Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

31 Posts

08-02-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

52 Signins

413 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 413
  • Message 1 of 26

No Compass In Moto G7

2019-02-13, 9:51 AM

Hi Tom,

I have just checked the Motorola UK site, and these are the specs for 3 Moto G models, I currently have the Moto G5s Plus and it has no compass, can you tell me where it says that the Moto G7 Plus has one. I would really like to purchase this phone but won't if it has no compass.

Moto G5s Plus

Sensors

Fingerprint reader
Accelerometer
Gyroscope
Ambient Light
Proximity

Moto G6 Plus

Sensors

Fingerprint reader, accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light, proximity, magnetometer, ultrasonic

Moto G7 Plus

Sensors

Fingerprint reader, Proximity, Accelerometer, Ambient light, Sensor hub, Gyroscope, Ultrasonic

On the Motorola UK website, it does not mention that the Moto G7 Plus has a magnetometer, can you ease tell me who  is correct, you or Motorola UK?

Thanks in advance for your help,

David

Options

Re: No Compass In Moto G7

2019-02-13, 12:34 PM

Until you get a better Answer I've used Compass apps before?

Have a look on the Playstore,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/search_results_cluster_apps?clp=ggEJCgdjb21wYXNz%3AS%3AANO1ljKAMqU&gsr=CgyCAQkKB2NvbXBhc3M%3D%3AS%3AANO1ljIrnGo&hl=en_GB

Most just use the GPS.I've also used,"Google Drive" as a Sat-Nav and that pinpoints location :)

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 3 of 26

2019-02-13, 14:29 PM

Magnetometer is the name of the sensor used for a compass. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

226 Posts

01-31-2014

1477 Signins

28692 Page Views

• Views: 28692
  • Message 4 of 26

2019-02-13, 15:03 PM

wrote:

Hi Tom,

I have just checked the Motorola UK site, and these are the specs for 3 Moto G models, I currently have the Moto G5s Plus and it has no compass, can you tell me where it says that the Moto G7 Plus has one. I would really like to purchase this phone but won't if it has no compass.

Moto G5s Plus

Sensors

Fingerprint reader
Accelerometer
Gyroscope
Ambient Light
Proximity

Moto G6 Plus

Sensors

Fingerprint reader, accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light, proximity, magnetometer, ultrasonic

Moto G7 Plus

Sensors

Fingerprint reader, Proximity, Accelerometer, Ambient light, Sensor hub, Gyroscope, Ultrasonic

On the Motorola UK website, it does not mention that the Moto G7 Plus has a magnetometer, can you ease tell me who  is correct, you or Motorola UK?

David

wrote:

Hi Tom,

Moto G5s Plus

Sensors

Fingerprint reader
Accelerometer
Gyroscope
Ambient Light
Proximity

Moto G6 Plus

Sensors

Moto G7 Plus

Sensors

David

Could be just Motorola site is wrong, for the UK Motorola One the Motorola site has listed the wrong LTE specs since October :-(

On PhoneArena they list compass in the sensors ?

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Views: 75931
  • Message 5 of 26

2019-02-13, 16:15 PM

I apologize for any confusion. It appears the site is incorrect. Here is the breakdown for compass on the moto g7 Family.

• moto g7 play - North America only
  • moto g7 - All regions (where sold)
  • moto g7 power - North America only
  • moto g7 plus - All regions (where sold)

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

31 Posts

08-02-2017

52 Signins

413 Page Views

• Message 6 of 26

2019-02-13, 17:21 PM

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer, but they don't work, I tried two when I purchased the G5s Plus, and the arrow which points you in the correct direction still pointed the wrong way, I tried for weeks and couldn't find anything that worked.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 7 of 26

2019-02-13, 17:24 PM

wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer, but they don't work, I tried two when I purchased the G5s Plus, and the arrow which points you in the correct direction still pointed the wrong way, I tried for weeks and couldn't find anything that worked.

Did you try a G7 series? The G5 series would have a different configuration. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

31 Posts

08-02-2017

52 Signins

413 Page Views

• Message 8 of 26

2019-02-13, 17:31 PM

Thanks for your answer. Yes I know they make mistakes sometimes, but I'm sorry, so does PhoneArena, but never mind, I will wait until I find a review that can verify ether way, if it doesn't have a compass like this phone (Moto G5s Plus) I will have to go for a different make, I don't want to as I like the Moto G's ☹️

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Views: 75931
  • Message 9 of 26

2019-02-13, 17:31 PM

wrote:

Hi, 

Are you saying you tried 2 G7 Plus devices or you tried 2 G5S Plus devices? If you're talking about the G5S Plus then that model does not have a magnetometer (e-compass). 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

31 Posts

08-02-2017

52 Signins

413 Page Views

• Message 10 of 26

2019-02-13, 22:54 PM

Hi Tom, 

No, I haven't tried 2 G7 Plus's, they don't go on sale until the 1st March. I was replying to someone earlier that said I should try compasses from the Play Store. Also, I have the Moto G5s Plus, and that has no Compass, and it's a nightmare when using Google maps, especially when walking around cities. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms