Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-17-2021

India

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 10

Not able to install Amazon Shopping UPI app (india)

2021-01-17, 4:23 AM

I bought an unlocked moto g7 play from motorola.com in US last year and am trying to use it in india using a gmail account specific to country India. Am trying to install Amazon Shopping UPI app but everytime i do i get an error after the download is finished and trying to install, gives a standard error saying, the app cannot be installed and a link to try few things like clean up cache on play services, play store, remove account and add, restart.... but nothing worked?

So am not sure if its an app issue or phone issue at this time. One thing i noticed is that the software channel is listed as us, does this prevent app installation? Attaching screenshot of error am getting?

Just to add the google play store country is India and have removed the preinstalled amazon shopping app which was initially in disabled state via usb debugging following this command

pm uninstall -k --user 0 "com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping"

Any help is appreciated. 

Options

1554 Posts

08-15-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

524 Signins

13360 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13360
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Not able to install Amazon Shopping UPI app (india)

2021-01-17, 15:53 PM

This is why it is not recommended to buy a phone from a country outside of your region.

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■
Options

2430 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1128 Signins

46700 Page Views

• Views: 46700
  • Message 3 of 10

2021-01-20, 5:59 AM

@ Motog7plus21 wrote:

I bought an unlocked moto g7 play from motorola.com in US last year and am trying to use it in india using a gmail account specific to country India. Am trying to install Amazon Shopping UPI app but everytime i do i get an error after the download is finished and trying to install, gives a standard error saying, the app cannot be installed and a link to try few things like clean up cache on play services, play store, remove account and add, restart.... but nothing worked?

So am not sure if its an app issue or phone issue at this time. One thing i noticed is that the software channel is listed as us, does this prevent app installation? Attaching screenshot of error am getting?

Just to add the google play store country is India and have removed the preinstalled amazon shopping app which was initially in disabled state via usb debugging following this command

pm uninstall -k --user 0 "com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping"

Any help is appreciated. 

Hi,

Thank you for posting, can you please let us know are you able to Install any other UPI apps like Phonepe, Google pay?

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

01-17-2021

India

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2021-01-21, 21:58 PM

Yes, am able to install PhonePe and Mobikwik. 

For Amazon shopping app, i believe the US version of Amazon shopping is embedded into my system. Thou i did uninstall the app from user, when i say Show system apps under App Info, it does list Amazon Shopping app with a description, not installed for this user. 

When i did enable multiple users and added a user, this new user got the amazon shopping app in new profile. Not sure if there is a way to override this app and have the Amazon shopping app indian version. 

Options

2430 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1128 Signins

46700 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2021-01-25, 4:19 AM

@ Motog7plus21 wrote:

For Amazon shopping app, i believe the US version of Amazon shopping is embedded into my system. Thou i did uninstall the app from user, when i say Show system apps under App Info, it does list Amazon Shopping app with a description, not installed for this user. 

When i did enable multiple users and added a user, this new user got the amazon shopping app in new profile. Not sure if there is a way to override this app and have the Amazon shopping app indian version. 

Hi,

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

01-17-2021

India

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2021-01-25, 14:13 PM

Hi 

Not sure if you intended to respond or just acknowledge? If you did intend to respond can you re-add your message as I am not seeing it.

Thanks

Options

10 Posts

01-23-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 7 of 10

2021-01-25, 22:53 PM

You can use the US Amazon app and change the country settings.

Go to Menu, then Settings -> Country and language, then select India. 

Screenshot_20210125-175202.png Screenshot_20210125-175143.png
Options

4 Posts

01-17-2021

India

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2021-01-26, 13:41 PM

Thanks for the response. That option works for shopping at Amazon. But Amazon in India do have an option to use payments called Amazon Pay, similar to Apple pay or Google pay in the US. So it requires an indian version of App, the playstore for india lists that app and will nto list the universal version which is embedded within my phone. 

Options

10 Posts

01-23-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 9 of 10

2021-01-26, 20:07 PM

Once you switch the Country & Language to India, select Menu again. Amazon Pay will be one of the menu items.

Screenshot_20210126-150529.png Screenshot_20210126-150535.png
Options

2430 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1128 Signins

46700 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2021-01-27, 3:20 AM

@ Motog7plus21 wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately, you are probably correct that this issue is being caused by the pre-installed Amazon app. There is no way to fully remove this app from your device. This is one of the many reasons why we don't recommend buying phones outside of the region you intend to use them as random compatibility issues tend to show up.

Regards

Sandip

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)