03-02-2020

US

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

Notification for screenshot

2020-03-02, 11:44 AM

My G6 used to give me a notification whenever I took a screenshot. I really liked this.

When I take a screenshot with my G7 play (vol down + power switch) I get lots of options -- discard/save/share etc. That's great, but I'd really like to have the notification back -- it seems to me that whatever option I choose I can't get the notification to appear. Ideally I want "save, and leave me a notification"

Googling for this seems to reveal that on pure android 9 (my Play is on android 9) the option can be turned on again with system -> apps and notifications -> see all apps -> show system -> System UI -> notifications and then ticking the "screenshot" box. I have this box ticked (and I've rebooted) but it does not solve the problem. I am wondering whether the more sophisticated default Lenovo screenshot handler (I assume it's not part of pure Android 9? Not sure) is overriding this option. 

If I am busy and someone sends me a text which needs action then I used to just take a screenshot (a 2 second operation) and then deal with it later when I'm reminded by the notification. I am failing to find a workflow which enables me to do this on my G7 play and this is pretty much the only downside of my phone compared to my old G6. I can tweet the screenshot but I can't get my notification back! Any suggestions?

Solved! See the solution
Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Views: 136272
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Notification for screenshot

2020-03-03, 15:30 PM

Hi yannick12,

Thanks for posting. So when you take a screenshot and you do nothing with the pop-up, then you should see the notification.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-02-2020

US

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-03-08, 9:11 AM

I have a g(7) play with Android 9, build number PPYS29.105-134-7. When I take a screenshot I don't just get a pop-up -- the entire screen is filled with some sort of overlay which displays the screenshot, has options "Discard" and "save" at the top, and various options to edit or share at the bottom. If I "do nothing" then this overlay just sits there. If I wait until the screen times out and then press the power button to wake my phone up, I see some notifications but no notification that I have just taken a screenshot. In particular if I am not misinterpreting "do nothing", I don't see the notification. Neither "discard" nor "save" creates a notification.

A workaround would be to share the notification to an app which does nothing at all other than makes a notification saying "you have a file in your screenshots directory". But I don't know an app which can do this, and it would be a much more inconvenient solution than the solution on my g6, where the workflow was: (a) take screenshot (b) that's it -- the notification is there. This is what I'd ideally want to recover -- I'm walking in a street, my watch buzzes, I look at my phone, I see I have a text message, I unlock my phone and read the text, I see it needs dealing with and I can't deal with it right now, but I've lost the notification saying "you have a text" -- so I take a screenshot and put the phone back in my pocket, knowing I now have a notification reminding me to do something.

Options

2068 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2907 Signins

51961 Page Views

• Views: 51961
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-03-10, 14:26 PM

My apologizes for the confusion. I was looking at the wrong phone when I suggested to do nothing. First, I will pass your feedback along to our developers. Second, there is a way to do what you're asking for. Go to the Moto App > Moto Actions > Toggle off Screenshot editor. Now when you take a screenshot, it will save automatically and you will get the notification. Keep in mind this means you will not be able to take long/scrolling screenshots, but it will allow you to do a normal screenshot and get the notification.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save