09-13-2018

US

13 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 1 of 4

Notifications sounding during phone calls

2019-03-28, 15:27 PM

I've searched the forums, and haven't found anyone with a similar problem, moto G7 running 9, build PPO29.114-16-7;

My issue is that I have my phone on vibrate for notifications, media volume at zero, while on an active phone call, with the call on speaker, I'm getting notification sounds from emails and apps, it's very annoying and I can't find the setting that is causing this behavior.

Suggestions?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Notifications sounding during phone calls

2019-03-28, 17:05 PM

wrote:

I've searched the forums, and haven't found anyone with a similar problem, moto G7 running 9, build PPO29.114-16-7;

My issue is that I have my phone on vibrate for notifications, media volume at zero, while on an active phone call, with the call on speaker, I'm getting notification sounds from emails and apps, it's very annoying and I can't find the setting that is causing this behavior.

Suggestions?

Notification sounds are tied to ringer volume, not media volume. 

Additionally, each app has its own settings that can over ride global settings. So you need to go into email and apps to change their sounds/vibration.

But if you just want changes during calls, try the do not disturb settings. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

5 Posts

09-13-2018

US

13 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-03-28, 17:35 PM

Where is the DND settings at for an active call? If I have my phone on vibrate for notifications, that shouldn't change while I'm on a call. That setting makes not sense to me.  I want my phone to be silent, except when I'm using it, then it can beep and buzz and chirp all it wants based of the call volume?  I need to visit the programmers with a bat (just a plastic one, it wont hurt that much. :) )

I still can't find any setting for notifications WHILE I'm making a call....

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-03-28, 18:00 PM

wrote:

Where is the DND settings at for an active call? If I have my phone on vibrate for notifications, that shouldn't change while I'm on a call. That setting makes not sense to me.  I want my phone to be silent, except when I'm using it, then it can beep and buzz and chirp all it wants based of the call volume?  I need to visit the programmers with a bat (just a plastic one, it wont hurt that much. :) )

I still can't find any setting for notifications WHILE I'm making a call....

I don't know of any automatic setting while on a call. I only know of the manual DND option. Maybe an app or another dialer in the Play store can do what you want automatically?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete