04-09-2019

GB

6 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 1 of 3

Phone powers down after DND

2019-04-09, 8:58 AM

I have recently purchased a G7 Plus. I set up an alarm, using the stock Android digital clock, and it sounded as expected. I tried to dismiss by flipping the phone (as I had done with my previous phone, an HTC) and I found that it continued to ring. I hadn't realised that was expected behaviour.

So, to get round this I set the DND options on the Sounds & Vibration settings to off for Alams (so that sound is off even when an alarm rings).

I then used Moto Actions to set the Flip for DND to on

And I set the Alarm to silence after 1 minute (so it doesn't just come back on when the phone is flipped back)

This worked fine, and my phone silences when the alarm goes off and the phone is flipped.

However, what I did find was that when I come back to the phone a few minutes later it is powered down. I have to power up again by holding down the button on the side of the phone for a few seconds, and it seems to me like a restart.

It seems perfectly reasonable what I did, but I wouldn't expect the phone to shut down as a result. Is this to be expected?

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone powers down after DND

2019-04-09, 11:53 AM

Hello KevJT,

Thanks for posting, I personally do not think this would be an expected behaviour as the 'Phone' should not shut down. We would like to investigate this further, we would like to know if you are able to duplicate? 

If yes, please us with a screenshot of your device Settings > when you turn of the DND mode and the 'Moto Display' for activating Flip for 'do not disturb'.

You can also learn more and find more option on this by locating Moto Display > Moto Actions > Find Flip for 'do not disturb' > Learn more > click on Learn more to toggle more settings.

Hope this helps!

Let us know if you any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

3 Posts

04-09-2019

GB

6 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone powers down after DND

2019-04-09, 12:08 PM

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I am able to duplicate. It happens every time I flip the phone and leave it for 10 minutes or so. If I flip the phone, which invokes DND, and then flip it straight back, it works OK, other than the alarm then starts up again. That's why I set the alarm duration down to the minimum of 1 minute.

Here are screenshots of the basic DND settings and the Moto Actions.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete