Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-09-2019

GB

2 Signins

25 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎03-09-2019
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 26

Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2019-03-09, 10:18 AM

Hello 

 

I just recived your new G7 POWER ,I'm using Three mobile in UK. 

I'm having problems with the signal strenght.

When trying the MOTO G7 POWER with speedtest and 4G settings

10Mbps download and 0.01 !!! Mbps Upload - this is BAD !!!

When trying the MOTO G7 POWER with speedtest and 3G settings

7.8 Mpbs upload and 0.32 Mbps upload - Upload is only in the end of the test, also bad !!!

Now ... this is my old moto MOTO G4, but is the same results with Samsung and Sony smart phones. 

With 4G settings as you can see doble upload speed 21.6Mbps and also 1Mbps of download

With 3g settings

 

All test are made from the same static spot and within 3 minutes of time. 

Closest signal mast is 1.2 miles away and there is no buildings on the way -  fields only 

 

I tried: 

Restart the phone 
Restart the network settings 
Restart the APN settings 
Change the SIM slot the slot 2 
Chnage the SIM with different SIM(annother contract)

Soft restart of the phone

Moving to another location of the house. 

 

Do you think is a hardware or software problem? 

Do you know how can se solved ?

Reply
Options

2229 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2930 Signins

53211 Page Views

  • Posts: 2229
  • Registered: ‎02-11-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 53211
  • Message 2 of 26

Re: Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2019-03-11, 13:56 PM

 wrote:

Hello 

 

I just recived your new G7 POWER ,I'm using Three mobile in UK. 

I'm having problems with the signal strenght.

When trying the MOTO G7 POWER with speedtest and 4G settings

10Mbps download and 0.01 !!! Mbps Upload - this is BAD !!!

When trying the MOTO G7 POWER with speedtest and 3G settings

7.8 Mpbs upload and 0.32 Mbps upload - Upload is only in the end of the test, also bad !!!

Now ... this is my old moto MOTO G4, but is the same results with Samsung and Sony smart phones. 

With 4G settings as you can see doble upload speed 21.6Mbps and also 1Mbps of download

With 3g settings

 

All test are made from the same static spot and within 3 minutes of time. 

Closest signal mast is 1.2 miles away and there is no buildings on the way -  fields only 

 

I tried: 

Restart the phone 
Restart the network settings 
Restart the APN settings 
Change the SIM slot the slot 2 
Chnage the SIM with different SIM(annother contract)

Soft restart of the phone

Moving to another location of the house. 

 

Do you think is a hardware or software problem? 

Do you know how can se solved ?


First, thank you for all the screenshots and details. I'd like to get a bit more info from you so I can ask around on my end.

 

  1. What Carrier are you using
  2. Please PM me your current location (postal code should be fine).
  3. Please make sure your forums profile is updated with the current IMEI of your device.
  4. Please provide a bug report using the steps below:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

 

-Tom

 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Reply
Options

3 Posts

01-01-2016

BG

6 Signins

64 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎01-01-2016
  • Location: BG
  • Views: 64
  • Message 3 of 26

Re: Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2019-03-14, 22:10 PM

Same here, I got my g7 pwer a couple of days ago. Got 15mbs on 4g and reception seems to be always 1/2 or less... I have another Moto Z Play which does twice better in the same conditions. @Moto, are you going to tell us everything bis okay and this is just in our heads??

Reply
Options

2229 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2930 Signins

53211 Page Views

  • Posts: 2229
  • Registered: ‎02-11-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 53211
  • Message 4 of 26

Re: Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2019-03-15, 15:28 PM

 wrote:

Same here, I got my g7 pwer a couple of days ago. Got 15mbs on 4g and reception seems to be always 1/2 or less... I have another Moto Z Play which does twice better in the same conditions. @Moto, are you going to tell us everything bis okay and this is just in our heads??


I can't make any statement until we have fully investigated. As I previously asked  I need the following:

 

  1. Please update your forum profile with the IMEI form your device and carrier
  2. PM me your exact location
  3. Provide me a Bug Report when you notice the slower speeds.

-Tom



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Reply
Options

3 Posts

01-01-2016

BG

6 Signins

64 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎01-01-2016
  • Location: BG
  • Views: 64
  • Message 5 of 26

Re: Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2019-03-15, 15:53 PM

Tom, just sent a PM. 

For all the folks having the same issue in the future seems the reception indicator is moving up and down and sometimes the reception is good, sometimes not.. Overall experiencing occasionally small delays opening web pages so far. 

p.s. I have the phone from a few days...

Reply
Options

2229 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2930 Signins

53211 Page Views

  • Posts: 2229
  • Registered: ‎02-11-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 53211
  • Message 6 of 26

Re: Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2019-03-18, 8:58 AM
Moving to own thread to keep issue/models separate.



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Reply
Options

2229 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2930 Signins

53211 Page Views

  • Posts: 2229
  • Registered: ‎02-11-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 53211
  • Message 7 of 26

Re: Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2019-03-18, 12:41 PM

 wrote:

Tom, just sent a PM. 

For all the folks having the same issue in the future seems the reception indicator is moving up and down and sometimes the reception is good, sometimes not.. Overall experiencing occasionally small delays opening web pages so far. 

p.s. I have the phone from a few days...


Thank you I got all the information and have passed it along to be investigated.

 

-Tom



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Reply
Options

2 Posts

04-12-2019

IN

2 Signins

29 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎04-12-2019
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 29
  • Message 8 of 26

Re: Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2019-04-12, 14:07 PM

My friend has Moto G7 Power. Its absolute waste. She is in Poland bought this phone for big battery, but the reception is very poor. She messages me from whats app chat using phone internet. Her messages reaches me on time to my phone. But my message reaches her after 5 to 6 minutes later. She had Xiaomi phone before that and there was no problem before buying Moto G7 power. She got deceived by the battery size. Now she is paying the price. And making me pay the price for her mistake of buying this stupid phone. I told her not to buy this phone at the very beginning. Big head ache.

Reply
Options

2 Posts

04-12-2019

IN

2 Signins

29 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎04-12-2019
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 29
  • Message 9 of 26

Re: Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2019-04-12, 14:10 PM

Everytime when I message my friend I get irritated because the phone messages doesn't reach her on time. And chatting is horrible. She messages me and I receive it and I reply, but her messages again reach me first before she could get my reply. Delayed message stupidity.

Reply
Options

2 Posts

05-08-2019

US

3 Signins

22 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎05-08-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 22
  • Message 10 of 26

Re: Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2019-05-08, 20:46 PM

Are there any updates?

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete