Options

4 Posts

06-04-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 21 of 30

Re:Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 POWER, all other phones okay.

2020-06-04, 5:20 AM

Add me to the growing list of poor reception. I have had my phone 2 months and my wife has the same phone as well and we are both on the Visible wireless network. About 3 days ago my phone started dropping signal and completely losing reception. I can set my wifes phone next to mine which has no signal and hers can have at least 3 bars worth of signal. Toggling airplane mode sometimes may bring it back only to lose it again. I had no problem with the signal on my nightstand and now no signal. Or I should say, it has some signal and then it drops out totally. It's almost like if the signal drops to 2 or 3 bars it will completely drop out. It even did it to me when I was downtown while outside of my vehicle and it had at least 4 bars then. I have also noticed it seems that whenever I restart the phone the "Hello Moto" sound doesn't seem as loud as it used to be. I know, I have restarted it plenty trying to figure the reception problem out. I went through all of the troubleshooting steps with several different Visible wireless customer service reps and they came to the same conclusion as I did. The phone is no longer working properly. And yes, I tried the hard reset, and even factory reset, to no avail. As i said, my wifes phone has good signal sitting right beside mine with no signal. And I put my sim card back in my Visible ZTE R2 and have the same signal that I had before this trouble. Also, wifi calling doesn't work most of the time because you must have some signal from the mobile network to initiate wifi calling. How's that for just plain stupidity? Kind of defeats the purpose. Once your phone is registered for the wifi calling feature it should stay that way. Definitely the phone has a problem. But hey, it's got great battery life. Yippeee..... Now hopefully I can get it replaced in a timely manner. I will be contacting support tomorrow and we will see.

Options

11959 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1192 Signins

161885 Page Views

• Views: 161885
  • Message 22 of 30

2020-06-04, 18:10 PM

Hi Fishnfever,

Unfortunately, our engineers have not found any issues with the bug report. I'd like to raise this again. Have you updated your profile with your IMEI? Please see instruction we provided here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

06-04-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 23 of 30

2020-06-04, 20:01 PM

Yes I have put my IMEI on my profile.

Options

4 Posts

06-04-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 24 of 30

2020-06-04, 23:01 PM

Spoke to Aaron in customer service and he is emailing a Fedex shipping label to send it in for repair or replacement. Hopefully replacement because I really don't want to deal with a lemon for the entire warranty where they have my phone more than me.

Options

11959 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1192 Signins

161885 Page Views

• Message 25 of 30

2020-06-05, 20:26 PM

Hi Fishnfever,

Thanks for that info. I will share the details with the team. Let me know how it goes once you have received the replacement phone. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

06-04-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 26 of 30

2020-06-10, 18:35 PM

Thanks will do.

Options

1 Posts

08-27-2020

GB

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 27 of 30

2020-08-27, 10:31 AM

I also have signal problems with this phone. I have had it for around a year now & was blaming three for the poor signal, but since reading posts it turns out it's the phone. This needs sorted out, not everyone can afford to pay for a phone that doesn't work properly, & some need it for emergency use. Wish I hadn't bought this phone 

Options

11959 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1192 Signins

161885 Page Views

• Message 28 of 30

2020-08-27, 13:18 PM

Hi Mags1966,

I will try my best to help you with this. Can you please share more details? Are you not able to make/receive calls/text messages?  How about your mobile data? Also, please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your network/software to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

1 Posts

08-30-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 29 of 30

2020-08-30, 14:57 PM

Wife is on second phone and I am on my 3rd. This phone is a class action s just waiting to happen

We can be riding in the car together and whoever has the newest phone at the time will have 4g and the other will be lucky to get 3 g with frequent dropped signals. 

Options

11959 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1192 Signins

161885 Page Views

• Message 30 of 30

2020-08-31, 13:50 PM

Hi Brian19799,

I definitely would like to help you with this. Can you share more details on what's happening? Can you also update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your network/apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms