Options

2 Posts

03-18-2019

GB

5 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 1 of 4

Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 Plus, all other phones okay.

2019-03-18, 8:58 AM

This sounds exactly like my problem except that I have a G7 Plus.

I have never had a personal phone before. The company I work for always allowed “Reasonable Private Use” of my works iPhone. They have changed the rules about private use so I bought my own g7 plus phone 3 days ago. I bought a new Three Sim as the mrs uses them and has not had any problems. I live in a medium sized town (Removed for privacy) and 3G + 4G is generally excellent on most carriers.

Basically the problem is that the mobile data seem to be very unreliable and extremely slow.  Same as aiako I have other phones on Three that perform really well in identical locations. A lot of the time I don't get a 4G connection - Just a “H” or “H+”.  I have wandered round town and very occasionally mobile data works well but most of the time it is unusable.

I have captured a bug report.  This was just trying to run google speedtest over mobile data. Link as I captured it.  Link Below.

Removed for privacy.

I don't think this is a display problem - the connection is just not working as it should.

At the moment this phone is of no use to me.

I have some free time today if there is anything I can do to troubleshoot this. I don't really know much about phones but I have a really good knowledge of IT systems in general. (I work as a MS Azure and AWS consultant.)

Thanks

Will

Options

2067 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2907 Signins

51946 Page Views

• Views: 51946
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor signal on 3G and 4G with Moto G7 Plus, all other phones okay.

2019-03-18, 12:40 PM

wrote:

I have never had a personal phone before. The company I work for always allowed “Reasonable Private Use” of my works iPhone. They have changed the rules about private use so I bought my own g7 plus phone 3 days ago. I bought a new Three Sim as the mrs uses them and has not had any problems. I live in a medium sized town (Removed for privacy) and 3G + 4G is generally excellent on most carriers.

Basically the problem is that the mobile data seem to be very unreliable and extremely slow.  Same as aiako I have other phones on Three that perform really well in identical locations. A lot of the time I don't get a 4G connection - Just a “H” or “H+”.  I have wandered round town and very occasionally mobile data works well but most of the time it is unusable.

I have captured a bug report.  This was just trying to run google speedtest over mobile data. Link as I captured it.  Link Below.

Removed for privacy.

I don't think this is a display problem - the connection is just not working as it should.

I have some free time today if there is anything I can do to troubleshoot this. I don't really know much about phones but I have a really good knowledge of IT systems in general. (I work as a MS Azure and AWS consultant.)

Thanks

Will

Thank you for providing this information, I will pass it along to have someone investigate.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2067 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2907 Signins

51946 Page Views

• Views: 51946
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-03-19, 14:58 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Removed for privacy.

Thanks

Will

Thank you for providing this information, I will pass it along to have someone investigate.

-Tom

Can you please PM me pictures of the back and front of your SIM Card?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

04-08-2019

CN

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-04-08, 6:16 AM

Hi TOM,
I am from G7 plus HW RF team(***removed for privacy***), I can contact with G7 plus SW protocal and modem team rapidly , this will speed up the analysis I think .
not sure if this issue is a HW or SW issue .
Could you contact with Will for the that phone's track id and latest progress?

Thank you
BR
Yuan

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save