Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

05-18-2018

United States of America

44 Signins

509 Page Views

• Views: 509
  • Message 1 of 2

SIM & SD Cards staying in device when tray is removed

2019-10-28, 1:02 AM

Out of  (2) out of the (5) Moto G7s I purchased either ate the Brand New 128GB SD Card, which I could not remove and luckily was in my return policy still.  

The 2nd device, which ate my SIM Card, wasn't so lucky.  I tried to bang the SIM Card closer to the slot and it ended up falling somewhere further into the device.  Cool, now I can at least fie the tray!  Until I realized the damage I've done ?

I did get Motorola Support to replace the device under warranty, which shows valid, but the Motorola Warranty program was stating invalid.  Which I already knew because the bootloader was unlocked.  Well, what does the BL have to do with the SIM or SD Card not being removed with the SIM Tray?  

So bottom line, they couldn't do a warranty replacement because of the BL being Unlocked which voids the warranty.  So the replacement cost is $125.00 and he took off 50% to send me out a replacement.  Fortunately I know someone in the "Executive Customer Escalations" team who has help our Android Development team.  Nothing better then a manufacturer that supports Android Development and tells you that they support what WE (The Development Community) do....

Thanks Motorola, the future seems bright.

TJ

Options

34 Posts

05-18-2018

United States of America

44 Signins

509 Page Views

• Views: 509
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: SIM & SD Cards staying in device when tray is removed

2019-10-28, 1:41 AM

Believe me, I've had quite a few G7s all BL Unlocked and showing in warranty...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)