Options

35 Posts

08-16-2017

GB

76 Signins

610 Page Views

• Views: 610
  • Message 1 of 3

Sharing an article from a website via messages - how do I add phone contacts to the Share via screen

2020-03-11, 17:12 PM

Hi, I'm looking for some basic help. 

If I find something on a website that I want to share via Messages I don't know how to add a new contact to the Share via screen. 

I locate an article on the website, touch the Share symbol, the Share via screen pops up showing various apps like emails, Bluetooth, Facebook and just a few personal phone contacts. How do I add new contacts to this list. On my PC I just copy the address line for the article and paste it into the email - Ctrl C & Ctrl V. I don't know how to do this on my phone.  Because of the great battery on my Moto G7,  I'm starting to use it  for more than just looking things up, music and a sat nav occasionally, so am having to go back to basics.

Options

1705 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1610 Signins

25163 Page Views

• Views: 25163
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Sharing an article from a website via messages - how do I add phone contacts to the Share via screen

2020-03-11, 18:43 PM

I've never done this on a phone so this is just a bit spit-balling. Do the names that appear in the share list have anything special about them in your Contacts app like are there Faves or Starred in any way?

If you can find out what makes them special/appear in the share list then possibly use that info to add them :)

Options

35 Posts

08-16-2017

GB

76 Signins

610 Page Views

• Views: 610
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Sharing an article from a website via messages - how do I add phone contacts to the Share via screen

2020-03-13, 15:30 PM

Good thinking Sherlock.

The couple of phone contacts that appear in the Share Via list are marked as favourites contacts but there are several other favourites that don't appear on the Share Via list.  

Thank you for trying to help.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save