Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

03-03-2020

United States of America

18 Signins

225 Page Views

• Views: 225
  • Message 1 of 4

Unfamiliar App that doesn't show in apps list

2021-03-28, 3:04 AM

I was looking at the list of apps on my phone that have used data and I came across an app that I'm not familiar with that has used small amounts of data. It apparently doesn't have a formal name , or at least not one that shows up for me.. it simply has the numerals 10366. I can't find any information regarding any app with those numbers in any search that I have ran so I thought I'd ask if these numbers possibly correspond to any of the apps that might have been preinstalled on my moto G7 Power. If you can provide any information about what this app is I'd very much appreciate it. I try to be very careful about security on my phone so not knowing what this is or where it came from is very exasperating for me. The reason that I am wondering if it might be something preinstalled is because of the second screenshot with the moto app named as well as having a number.Another angle that I am considering and that you might be able to confirm or disprove is that the number might be pointing to a deleted app that had used data prior to deletion and was randomly assigned a number by the system to show where the data was used. I am looking forward to any information about this that you might have about this. 

Screenshot_20210327-214350.png Screenshot_20210327-221749.jpg
Answer
Options

13 Posts

03-03-2020

United States of America

18 Signins

225 Page Views

Re:Unfamiliar App that doesn't show in apps list

2021-04-16, 2:01 AM

Thank you, Tom. I appreciate your response and help with this question. 

Replies(3)
Options

5654 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3330 Signins

78651 Page Views

• Views: 78651
  • Message 2 of 4

2021-03-29, 2:40 AM

@ moonrider73 wrote:

I was looking at the list of apps on my phone that have used data and I came across an app that I' not familiar with that has used small amounts of data. It apparently doesn' have a formal name , or at least not one that shows up for me.. it simply has the numerals 10366. I can' find any information regarding any app with those numbers in any search that I have ran so I thought I' ask if these numbers possibly correspond to any of the apps that might have been preinstalled on my moto G7 Power. If you can provide any information about what this app is I' very much appreciate it. I try to be very careful about security on my phone so not knowing what this is or where it came from is very exasperating for me. The reason that I am wondering if it might be something preinstalled is because of the second screenshot with the moto app named as well as having a number.Another angle that I am considering and that you might be able to confirm or disprove is that the number might be pointing to a deleted app that had used data prior to deletion and was randomly assigned a number by the system to show where the data was used. I am looking forward to any information about this that you might have about this. 

Hello and thanks for posting. What you are seeing is 100% normal. You are correct in your last assumption. When an app is deleted or removed from your phone, the data usage historical data can no longer see the name of the app that used the data so it will assign a random 6 digit number. There is nothing to worry about here and I hope I was able to help. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Answer
Options

13 Posts

03-03-2020

United States of America

18 Signins

225 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2021-04-16, 2:01 AM

Thank you, Tom. I appreciate your response and help with this question. 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

14042 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1300 Signins

176755 Page Views

• Views: 176755
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-16, 13:29 PM

Hi moonrider73

Thanks for getting back here. I've seen this quite a few times. It's probably an uninstalled app. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms