Options

1 Posts

03-18-2020

US

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

Unstable Moto G7 Plus - The phone regularly reboots itself after update to Android 10

2020-03-18, 18:02 PM

Hello Moto Support and Fans,

Some weeks ago I updated my Moto G7 Plus to Android 10 (latest official SW) and since then the phone is restarting itself at least several times a day while I am not using it (this is every single day and night).

All my applications are up to date and I cannot find out what is the reason for such unstable behavior. It reboots even during the night, while the WiFi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth are OFF.

Additionally, after the reboot sometimes the phone doesn't immediately recognize the keyboard (input) setup and when I open a text field for writing I get the default Android keyboard, not what I've setup. Usually this fixes by itself in some minutes after the reboot.

Is there anyone else who has similar problems?

Can I downgrade my phone to Android 9 in some official/legal way?

Thanks!

Options

7810 Posts

03-05-2018

US

979 Signins

128907 Page Views

• Views: 128907
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Unstable Moto G7 Plus - The phone regularly reboots itself after update to Android 10

2020-03-18, 21:47 PM

Hi Serbezov,

There's no native option to roll back to previous OS. Make sure all apps are up to date in the Play Store. Also, I would first suggest booting your phone in safe mode and see if there's improvement.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Third-party apps are disabled but you can still use Google apps and default apps. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-20-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:Unstable Moto G7 Plus - The phone regularly reboots itself after update to Android 10

2020-03-21, 9:53 AM
I have got the same problem with my G7 Plus. There were no improvements from rebooting with safe mode. I am assuming it is because the phone is not optimized with the Android 10. Would you mind letting the developers know this problem, so they can fix this issue? Thanks.
Options

7810 Posts

03-05-2018

US

979 Signins

128907 Page Views

• Views: 128907
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-03-23, 14:53 PM

Hi BWZ99,

How often do you experience reboot? It is essential to perform factory data reset without restoring apps/backup. Install your apps one at a time until you've seen which apps might be causing an issue. Just backup your important files so you won't lose them. 

Settings > System > Reset > Factory data reset. 

Hope that helps. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-18-2020

US

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-03-24, 19:10 PM

Hello Rich,

My phone stopped restarting only after I performed a factory reset.

I first made backup and then used it to restore my personal data and settings.

Unfortunately the backup didn't restore everything and now I lost significant amount of phone's settings. Keyboard & language settings is one example.

This update to Android 10 lost a lot of my time and nerves. This is not how a phone should behave with official software.

Long story short - I am very disappointed with this update from Moto. I don't need this thread anymore but, please, share my feedback with the Moto G7 team.

Kind Regards

Stanimir

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save