Options

9 Posts

10-21-2019

BR

8 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 16

Weird behaviour (G7, resetting out of nowhere)

2019-10-21, 12:02 PM

Hey!

I've a problem, I think.

It occurred already two times, my g7 (that I bought 15 days ago) was on my desk, with the screen to the bottom, in the not disturb mode. OK.

When I get it to see my notifications, the phone vibrates (as normal, when going out of the not disturb mode), but the screen doesn't turn on, the fingerprint sensor? Unresponsive. The Power/Volume buttons? Unresponsive too. Nothing for 30 seconds, I press the Power Button as if to turn on the device. It turns on as if nothing happened. I check the battery status, it says "Full charge 0 minutes ago" (the same occurs when you Restart the phone manually).

Is this problem common? There's known cause? What can I do?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Options

1043 Posts

04-27-2011

US

169 Signins

2764 Page Views

• Views: 2764
  • Message 2 of 16

Re: Weird behaviour (G7, resetting out of nowhere)

2019-10-21, 12:56 PM

Might be that an app on your phone is causing this issue.

Options

9 Posts

10-21-2019

BR

8 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 3 of 16

2019-10-21, 13:05 PM

I seriously doubt, none of the apps I use ever caused me issues on my last phone (G5 plus), so I find very unlikely they would start causing problems now (and none of them are obscure, pretty much commonplace soft).
And well, this said I don't think safe mode would be of any help too (like, the first time the problem occurred was 14 days ago, and now today, to stay a month in safe mode waiting for something to happens, if it happens, would be... strange, and maybe useless, since it's very very unlikely to be a third-party app).

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Views: 26900
  • Message 4 of 16

2019-10-22, 9:39 AM

wrote:

I seriously doubt, none of the apps I use ever caused me issues on my last phone (G5 plus), so I find very unlikely they would start causing problems now (and none of them are obscure, pretty much commonplace soft).
And well, this said I don't think safe mode would be of any help too (like, the first time the problem occurred was 14 days ago, and now today, to stay a month in safe mode waiting for something to happens, if it happens, would be... strange, and maybe useless, since it's very very unlikely to be a third-party app).

Hi YukiS,

Thanks for posting this. Perform Clear Cache in your device-- go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App Info > select the apps > Storage > Clear Cache > restart the device.

I understand your concern, however, I would still suggest you check your device in Safe Mode and observe for some time like for half an hour and see if it power cycle on its own again. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

10-21-2019

BR

8 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 5 of 16

2019-10-23, 21:31 PM

Done that.

A whole day in Safe mode, nothing happened.

Any other advice to try to find the cause? There's any system log accessible to users (without root) that can be used to troubleshoot this?

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Message 6 of 16

2019-10-24, 5:54 AM

wrote:

Done that.

A whole day in Safe mode, nothing happened.

Any other advice to try to find the cause? There's any system log accessible to users (without root) that can be used to troubleshoot this?

Hi YukiS,

Let us know when it occurs again. Let us observe how often does it happen for now.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

10-21-2019

BR

8 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2019-10-29, 10:28 AM

Again! I was keeping the phone turned up side up and in safe mode. Today I forgot, turned it up side down, when I got it to see my notifications >> Vibrates one time >> Turns off. Battery was 83%. Didn't required the password to turn on, to tell the truth it turned on in like 3 seconds.

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Message 8 of 16

2019-10-30, 5:09 AM

wrote:

Again! I was keeping the phone turned up side up and in safe mode. Today I forgot, turned it up side down, when I got it to see my notifications >> Vibrates one time >> Turns off. Battery was 83%. Didn't required the password to turn on, to tell the truth it turned on in like 3 seconds.

Hi YukiS,

Do you mean, the device was unlocked without the password? Can you take the Full hardware test? Go to the App drawer > Moto Help > Hardware test > test Full. Let us know the result.

Regards,

Suman

Options

9 Posts

10-21-2019

BR

8 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 9 of 16

2019-10-30, 10:27 AM

Well, full resets require the password to unlock the phone (since can't be done with fingerprints), right? This is what I mean, it allow to unlock with fingerprints when turning on (after turning off by itself).

Also, 0 tests failed!

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

2019-11-05, 4:19 AM

wrote:

Well, full resets require the password to unlock the phone (since can't be done with fingerprints), right? This is what I mean, it allow to unlock with fingerprints when turning on (after turning off by itself).

Also, 0 tests failed!

Hi YukiS,

Thanks for trying, I would suggest you perform a Factory Data Reset(without automatic restore) by taking back up of your contacts and data. Here is the link for Factory Data Reset. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete