04-09-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 11 of 18

Re:Welcome to the moto g7 community

2020-05-13, 17:47 PM

Issue # 1)I have a Moto g7 Power and often I will be on a call and my ear hit's the 'mute' button and the other person thinks I have hung up.   Is there and application that can correct this issue.  Perhaps a lock.

You'd think Moto would have moved the icons lower or arranged them.  I'm a right handed person so I keep my phone to the left ear and it hits that mute button.

Issue #2) If I am on an active call and another call comes in the new incoming call may overide my existing call and the new called takes over.  Any Ideas?

Have a Great Day and stay Safe

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Views: 140787
  • Message 12 of 18

2020-06-02, 17:49 PM

Hi Paul D727,

So sorry for the delay on my reply. Do you still need assistance with this? I'd like to help you out and create a new thread for this topic. Let me know. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

233 Posts

10-09-2012

US

92 Signins

1251 Page Views

• Views: 1251
  • Message 13 of 18

2020-06-22, 3:05 AM

I just purchased a Moto G7 Power....reluctantly. Unfortunately my Moto X4 finally stopped being able to keep up with everything I need my phone to do, but I have had a great run with Motorola and the X series in particular.

I'm a little concerned by the negative posts I'm seeing, but I also know that most people only post when they have an issue.

So far I really like the phone, though I've been spoiled by the X4's features. This phone is a definite step down but the newest flagship Motorola phone is Verizon specific. I think that is a short-sighted move by Lenovo/Motorola as MANY Motorola users don't care for Verizon's service OR customer service.

I'm really impressed with the battery life that I'm getting....nearly 48 hours per charge. I'm not a heavy user, but I play games and field texts, phone calls and emails constantly. The battery life really is quite good.

I'm hoping the X series will be revived....

Options

1 Posts

06-27-2020

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 14 of 18

2020-06-27, 22:32 PM

Hello!

I will like to talk to a developer.

best,

Nafisat   

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 15 of 18

2020-06-29, 19:13 PM

Hi nafee,

Let me check. May I know which specific developers are you referring to? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-06-2016

UK

4 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 16 of 18

Time-Weather-Battery widget on Android 10

2020-07-05, 13:49 PM

Hi,

Following the Android 10 update the time/weather/battery widget on the home screen no longer shows battery level, which was really useful. Please can you fix this or tell me how to revert to the previous version!

Thanks

Options

1 Posts

07-05-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 17 of 18

2020-07-05, 20:29 PM

I have to say that I am not a fan of the Moto G7 phone that I naively purchased. I am not a heavy smart phone user, but I do know a when a phone is crap and not working. My phone is running Android 9 along with the most current Android Auto available from the Play Store. 

My job requires that I commute between multiple locations daily and I’m often traveling over 100 miles per day. With that much time spent in my car I need a dependable mobile device that offers easy use and guarantee communication with my car. The Moto G7 offers none of that. I purchased a phone that looks good but is basically a brick.

• Hands Free Texting in Car
  • The Google Assistance Apps when used with Messages is crap. When I receive a new Message I have to reach and touch the display to Play Message. The steering wheel buttons will not work with my Motorola. I can listen to the message but before I’m able to reply Google will respond “something went wrong.” This makes the entire service useless. Service no purpose if I cannot reply to a message.
  • USB Cable is ridiculous
  • I have replaced my USB cable 3 separate times. Used Anker brand cables. 
  • First cable was 3ft then it was suggested to use a shorter cable, so I tried 2 different - 1ft cables. Works ok for a couple of weeks and then phone will stop connecting. 
  • Any bump on the road the phone disconnects. Lately the I just fight with the phone trying to get it to connect with Android Auto on my Jetta. I drive a 2019 VW Jetta. The car is setup with USB and built in Android Auto with the car communication system. Sounds great but it has been nothing but a true disappointment. I should not have uninstalled apps and reset my phone about every 6 weeks. 
  • Trust me that I take every opportunity to tell people do not buy the Moto G7 if they want to use with there car entertainment system. Do not buy it.  
  • Notifications are unpredictable
  • New email, Messages, Facebook, Google Email…. You name it. Maybe I receive a partial number of alerts. But if I restart the phone, I can hear all missed notifications and see the notifications jump in the display near the clock in the upper left corner. I reboot this phone about 5 times a day. 
  • Bluetooth
  • Able to connect my phone to my Jetta with Bluetooth and that works perfectly. But the problem with that is that it only allows for phone calls. Nothing else. 

My Jetta dealership has connected other phones and they work. VW blames Google. Google Blames User. Motorola blames Google. I say to everyone, figure your crap out. You all know it does not work so quit selling before you have fixed it. Uninstalling and Restoring my phone is NOT A FIX. 

I typically hold onto my phone until that absolute need to upgrade. My previous was a Nokia Windows Phone and it worked perfectly. It is unfortunate that Microsoft discontinued the Windows Phone, or I would have stayed with them. It is also unfortunate that Google and Motorola could not figure out how to make a better phone. I should have just done the smart thing and went to Apple. 

Cheers, 

Mike M. 

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 18 of 18

2020-07-06, 19:06 PM

Hi,

I would like to assist but please look for similar thread with the same topic or create a new thread for that topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. I will further assist you. Thanks.

Site Rules

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete