US

1132 Signins

153510 Page Views

• Views: 153510
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:What is "Mobile Device Information Provider" - com.amazon.appmanager

2020-09-29, 17:47 PM

Hi davexnet,

I will be happy to assist you with this. That could be a software necessary for other function or application and they are not necessarily be shown as an application. There are several of these in the Settings > Apps & notification > see all > Tap the 3 vertical dots on right top area > Show System. Scroll and see if you can find that software. Please let me know if you have a question or clarification. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

22 Posts

09-04-2020

US

26 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-09-29, 18:32 PM

Hi Rich,

I guess it's a question - what is this app doing on my phone, I do not have anything Amazon related (that i know) of

and what does it do?

Observations and concerns:

It does not show up in the All apps/system display

It is better protected than any of the MOTO system apps, even ADB can't disable it.

The fact that security is so tight for this app raises some interesting questions,

and what I know (and suspect) about Amazon, leaves me with a feeling of resignation

One would have to root the phone to negate this app, I'm not prepared to do that

Side note rant - it's bad enough to have to endure the manufacturer and carrier do-nothing apps,

then to add insult to injury all these third-party apps having themselves added 

at the system level and forced onto users phones - the whole thing is out of control

Options

10897 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1132 Signins

153510 Page Views

• Views: 153510
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-30, 13:40 PM

Hi davexnet,

That's odd. I would like to check this further. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps/software to see if they are a source of problems. See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete