04-23-2020

GB

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 8

WiFi Calling with Moto G7 Power on EE

2020-04-23, 17:00 PM

I have an unlocked Moto G7 Power bought in the UK from Amazon.

I've been told by EE that this supports WiFi calling on their network. I've also been told by somebody (apparently from Motorola Customer Care) that the unlocked G7 Power doesn't support WiFi calling.

I'm very confused. Who should I believe?

I can't find any WiFi calling options in the system or dialler settings, but maybe they only appear if you have WiFi calling enabled by your phone provider?

Solved! See the solution
Options

10948 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1134 Signins

153850 Page Views

• Views: 153850
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:WiFi Calling with Moto G7 Power on EE

2020-04-24, 17:39 PM

Hi sjmorgan,

I apologize for the confusion. Usually there are agreements/certifications that have to happen between us and the carriers to support this. I will ask and try to confirm if the phone supports it on that carrier, can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for us to look at your software data to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

04-23-2020

GB

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-04-25, 10:55 AM

I've entered my IMEI number on my forum profile and enabled the privacy settings on my phone. My current carrier is iD (Carphone Warehouse) and I know they don't support it with my phone. However, I'd like to know if I'd be able to use WiFi calling if I switched to EE.

It's okay for you to look at my software data.

Thanks for your help.

Options

10948 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1134 Signins

153850 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-04-28, 13:09 PM

Hi sjmorgan,

Thanks for updating your profile. I just confirmed that the WiFi calling is supported on Moto G7 Power on EE network. However, you need to subscribe for monthly plans to avail this feature. Please see here for your reference. Let me know if you have a question. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

04-23-2020

GB

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-05-02, 11:44 AM

I have installed my new EE sim and WiFi calling is NOT WORKING! I've also found this thread: https://community.t-mobile.com/thread/151123 that mentions an "international version" that they say does NOT support WiFi calling. Please advise.

Specifically I want to know is this true (that the international version doesn't support WiFi calling) and also I want to know how do I tell for certain if I have the international version?

My model number is XT1955-4 and hardware version PVT1.

Options

4 Posts

04-23-2020

GB

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-05-03, 19:02 PM

It turns out that having IPsec enabled in my router's ALG settings (it's enabled by default) was preventing WiFi calling from working. After disabling it and rebooting, WiFi calling is working.

Options

10948 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1134 Signins

153850 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-05-07, 14:18 PM

Hi sjmorgan,

Thanks for updating me. Motorola does not make "international" versions of phones; any phones marketed as international are intended for other regions. They may not have the required radio bands for your mobile carrier, and they are only in warranty in the country where they were intended for sale. We do not recommend buying a phone that is not sold in the region where you intend to use it regularly. Though, I'm glad you're able to make it work.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

15 Posts

06-21-2020

GB

13 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 8 of 8

2020-07-12, 15:21 PM

Thanks Very interesting.

I have two G7 Power's one on EE and the other on BT [Uses EE .] Both work PERFECTLY with WiFi calling there is no other preference once it it switched ON.

[A previous Nokia Lumia  I could choose use wifi, do not, use,  or where available, or off.

HOWEVER my new G8 Power on EE. WiFi calling does not work. The only option when switched on is 'Call over Mobile network' 

I am still trying to find out who why where and what!!

A tip from India post I found on here was switch Aeroplane mode on. with WiFi on it straight away enable WiFi calling. But defaulted back again when the mode was disabled.

It was claimed there was a network issue.

Suggestions are this G8 Power will not work with EE on Android 10. 

As link above found this. GUTTED

• Phones that EE wifi calling works on 
  • Motorola G7 Plus, G7 Power, G6 Play

No mention of G8 Power???

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete