GB

7 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 1 of 4

WiFi Problem after security upgrade

2020-01-20, 15:24 PM

Hi,

My phone automatically updated a security patch a couple of days ago since then the only wifi connection I can get to the internet is through my home network.  I am unable to connect to any wifi hot spots in places like restaurants, coffee shops or pubs I use or even my own provider's mobile network. The wifi works but I am unable to connect to the internet all I get is error messages. All the places I have tried to use are places I have connected in on a regular basis without problems. This update appears to have blocked me from accessing the internet unless I am home. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thank you in advance

John

Options

8571 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1016 Signins

134922 Page Views

• Views: 134922
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: WiFi Problem after security upgrade

2020-01-23, 17:51 PM

Hi John,

Can you share what's the error message? Also, try resetting your network settings (Settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options > Reset WiFi, mobile, Bluetooth). Please note that this will reset all the settings you have on this category so you might have to re-establish your settings and WiFi and Bluetooth connections. Once done, restart your device and try connecting to WiFi. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

07-04-2018

GB

7 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-02-03, 16:59 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying I have cured the problem which was wifi related I had wifi but no internet connection outside my home wifi network. I tried using the reset network tools at home but it did not solve the problem so I took it out to wifi that did not give me internet and ran it again and then after a couple of reboots the problem resolved itself. No idea why it worked this way but it did,

Thanks for your help

John

Options

8571 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1016 Signins

134922 Page Views

• Views: 134922
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-02-05, 16:04 PM

Hi keonit,

Thanks for getting back to me. Glad it's working back just after a couple of reboots. Let me know if you need further help. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save