Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-04-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 21 of 23

Re:WiFi performance with Bluetooth on

2020-03-04, 22:42 PM

More digging into it. 

I did the same test in a different network and the results are similar as those I showed in the previous message. 

What I also tried was disabling "Use location". That solved the problem, allowing me to use bluetooth without compromising wifi speed. 

I narrowed it down and obtained good results by just disabling the "improve location accuracy" rather than "use location" option. 

I hope you manage to solve this annoying issue. 

Cheers

Options

1 Posts

09-05-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 22 of 23

2020-09-05, 18:01 PM

I've had the same issue with my MOTO G7 Supra (a cricketwireless version) and just tested my download and upload speeds to my device with BT on and off. Went from 10-20mbps with BT on to 50-66mbps with BT off.
I just turned off both wifi and BT scanning options and it seems to have boosted my speeds after a hard reset.

I've tested and am now getting over 100MBps with BT on or off.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 23 of 23

2020-09-07, 16:17 PM

Hi CountRubbish,

I appreciate your post. Both WiFi and Bluetooth uses radio frequency. It is normal that they would interfere with each when both of them are running at the same. Bluetooth uses 2.4 GHz so as the WiFi. 

Thanks for sharing what works for you. 

I have also read that if you have an option on your router to set the WiFi frequency only to 5 GHz, you can try that and see if that helps (I just read that and I can't guarantee if that's a certain solution). Otherwise, I would say it is normal that the WiFi speed will be affected when the Bluetooth is turned on. 

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms