06-26-2020

US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

YouTube App won't stop refreshing

2020-06-26, 14:07 PM
I watch a lot of videos on the YouTube app on my phone. I just got this G7 Power and it keeps refreshing the YouTube app if I minimize the video to do something else, meaning I pause the video, look something up on Google, and then when I go back to the video it refreshes the app and takes me back to the homepage. To get the video back I have to go to my library, select the video, and watch ads again. Very frustrating. My e5 stayed on the video I was watching for hours sometimes! This one will forget anywhere from 1 minute to 5 minutes of doing other things! Things I've already tried to no avail: - Turning off Battery Saver - Disabling Adaptive Battery - Ensuring "Standard limit" is selected for "Background process limit in Developer Tools - Ensuring the YouTube app is set to "App Standby State: ACTIVE" under "Standby Apps" in Developer Tools What gives? This is very frustrating.
Options

2 Posts

06-26-2020

US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

YouTube App won't stop refreshing

2020-06-26, 14:10 PM
I made a bunch of nice line breaks, and I see in other posts people have them too, but for some reason it all got mashed together into a text wall. Posted this on my G7 phone too. Awesome! Hooray!
Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Views: 140787
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:YouTube App won't stop refreshing

2020-06-26, 14:38 PM

Hi wayc,

I would suggest try clearing the Youtube app data (Settings > Apps & notification > see all > Youtube > Clear Storage/Clear Data). Also, make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store. 

Hope that helps. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

06-26-2020

US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-06-27, 16:29 PM
I gave it a whole day to prove me wrong, but that actually worked! I thought you were giving me the mobile equivalent advice of "Have you tried restarting?" Especially since I had tried so many more advanced things already. Thank you so much! You've renewed my appreciation of tech support workers! :)
Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Views: 140787
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-06-29, 18:42 PM

Hi wayc,

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it a lot and I'm glad we're able to sort this out. We value your feedback and we would like to hear more from you. If you have available time, we would appreciate if you can take the prompt survey. And don't hesitate to post back in case you need future assistance. Thanks and stay safe!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete