Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

07-16-2021

Canada

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 2

an observation and question aboyt battery behaviour of moto g⁷ play

2021-07-31, 13:00 PM

I am a owner of moto g⁷ play which I bought on July 5th. On july 30th a different kind of behaviour of the battery was observed. I switched off my phone on 30th july at 17h00 with battery at 100% charged. I checked the battery around 15 minutes after midnight without turning on the phone, and battery was at 69% . I find this very disturbing how can bettery be used when phone was switched off.

Please explain this behaviour of battery.

Options

4738 Posts

09-09-2019

United States of America

506 Signins

26080 Page Views

• Views: 26080
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:an observation and question aboyt battery behaviour of moto g⁷ play

2021-07-31, 16:08 PM

@ m0168.org wrote:

I am a owner of moto g⁷ play which I bought on July 5th. On july 30th a different kind of behaviour of the battery was observed. I switched off my phone on 30th july at 17h00 with battery at 100% charged. I checked the battery around 15 minutes after midnight without turning on the phone, and battery was at 69% . I find this very disturbing how can bettery be used when phone was switched off.

Please explain this behaviour of battery.

Hi @ m0168.org,

Thank you for reaching us out for support. It is possible tha the phone may need a battery calibration, please follow these steps:

1) Discharges the battery completely.
2) Plug in the charger and leave it connected until you reach 100%, after reaching that percentage you must leave it connected for an additional hour. This should be done in a single attempt and try not to interrupt the charging cycle, so it is advisable to perform the steps overnight.
3) Then unplug the charger and start the device.

Regards,

Fabricio

Motorola Tech Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms