Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

56 Posts

09-04-2020

United States of America

64 Signins

285 Page Views

• Views: 285
  • Message 11 of 25

Re:disabled apps

2021-06-03, 19:45 PM

I reset all app permissions to default, disabled Facebook and most of the tracfone apps and charged the battery/reset the stats. 

I'll update the thread when the battery is low with the new stats

Options

14020 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1299 Signins

176615 Page Views

• Views: 176615
  • Message 12 of 25

2021-06-03, 20:41 PM

Hi davexnet

Thanks for the details. Three days is quite a decent amount of time, and I think it is long enough with minimal usage. I haven't been able to keep my phone's battery that long. If you have a low signal with 3, 4 bars and below, it would usually show network standby in the battery usage report. I know you're concerned with the battery health of your phone, we have some tips regarding this that you can try here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

56 Posts

09-04-2020

United States of America

64 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 13 of 25

2021-06-04, 0:39 AM

Well yes and no - my wife's LG phone doesn't have this issue; same carrier/location.

If this is so, this would imply Moto's phone is not setup properly (radio band/some other network tuning)

and/or the hardware is worse. 

Some error in my logic?

Options

5625 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3327 Signins

78531 Page Views

• Views: 78531
  • Message 14 of 25

2021-06-04, 13:46 PM

@ davexnet wrote:

It lasts about 3 days with mostly light web browsing. I just checked and Mobile Device Standby battery is higher that the screen time and the web browser. 

I' willing to re-enable some apps to see if it makes any difference. 

I have enabled the following for a 1st stab at this.

Carrier Services

Carrier Setup

Moto Notifications

Moto

Oma Client Provisioning

I' pretty sure most of that big list were disabled originally for problems like this. I don' think it made it worse

Hello, based on your description here, I would say there is no issue with the phone. 3 days is well within the expected battery life and if I'm not mistaken longer than expected with normal usage. Mobile Standby is the phone battery usage for keeping the network signal. If you can take a photo of your battery stats, I'll be more than willing to look at it to see if I notice anything out of the ordinary.

Thaks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

56 Posts

09-04-2020

United States of America

64 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 15 of 25

2021-06-04, 17:31 PM

I will post a screenshot of the usage stats when the battery has dropped down to 15-20%. Thanks

Options

56 Posts

09-04-2020

United States of America

64 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 16 of 25

2021-06-08, 21:56 PM

Here is the battery discharge info after it went from a full charge

to approx 20%

Notice the mobile standby is the highest single user of the battery.

Options

5625 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3327 Signins

78531 Page Views

• Message 17 of 25

2021-06-09, 14:03 PM

@ davexnet wrote:

Here is the battery discharge info after it went from a full charge

to approx 20%

Notice the mobile standby is the highest single user of the battery.

Thanks for the screenshot. Looking at the photo share, I don't see an issue. You're getting almost 6 days on the battery. This is well beyond what the phone is advertised for. The 23% for network standby I would say is normal when you aren't using the phone much, it's the only thing running to keep an active network connection. Plus seeing 15hrs of screen on time, is also really good. At this point, I can't make any recommendations as I'm seeing really good battery life from your device.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

56 Posts

09-04-2020

United States of America

64 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 18 of 25

2021-06-09, 18:23 PM

Once again, yes and no.

I'm thankful that at my present usage I'm getting 5 days, thanks to that big battery. 

However, if it wasn't for that excessive network usage I might be getting 7 days. 

Whether this phone is not optimized for the Verizon cell towers, either hardware or software (non optimum setting somewhere?)

or there is something else wrong, I don't know

Options

5625 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3327 Signins

78531 Page Views

• Message 19 of 25

2021-06-10, 14:06 PM

@ davexnet wrote:

Once again, yes and no.

I' thankful that at my present usage I' getting 5 days, thanks to that big battery. 

However, if it wasn' for that excessive network usage I might be getting 7 days. 

Whether this phone is not optimized for the Verizon cell towers, either hardware or software (non optimum setting somewhere?)

or there is something else wrong, I don' know

Here is the thing from my point of view you aren't getting excessive network usage. This is just showing that the phone is doing nothing but keeping a network signal active while it's idle.  I don't believe there are any issues. I wish I could offer you more insight into it, but there isn't much more I can advise on for this case. I hope you understand.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

56 Posts

09-04-2020

United States of America

64 Signins

285 Page Views

• Message 20 of 25

2021-06-10, 19:31 PM

That much battery to keep a signal active?

Something is wrong.

My daughter showed me her battery stats just before she had to charge it, her screen and Discord app about 85%, web browser and other misc apps about 14%,

Mobile Network Standby only 1% 

You're saying my stats are "good enough" but it bothers me, something unexplained like this, plays havoc with my OCD

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms