05-10-2019

US

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 4

g7 play bluetooth loses connection w/ car hands-free calling

2019-05-10, 21:16 PM

I'm having intermittent connection issues with my new g7 play and my car's hands-free phone system.  Frequently, when starting a phone call the system will immediately transfer the call to the phone instead of going over the car's speakers & microphone.  When this happens, I can transfer the call back using the car audio system, but it is a bad situation b/c it requires diverting additional attention to the call.  Less frequently (but still a significant portion of the time), a call will cause the bluetooth connection to fail entirely.  Usually the car and phone will pair up again in a minute after that, but by then the other party has hung up.

My previous g4 play phone didn't have these issues.  Rarely (<1%), it would fail to pair up at all, but calls were very reliable once connected.

I've seen older suggestions to clear the Bluetooth app data and to disable bluetooth scanning, but neither one has helped.  Any other advice?  

Options

1 Posts

05-08-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:g7 play bluetooth loses connection w/ car hands-free calling

2020-05-08, 17:31 PM
I have the same issue. G7 play and a Honda 2014 crv. Let us know the fix.
Options

54 Posts

08-06-2019

US

83 Signins

1009 Page Views

• Views: 1009
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-05-08, 20:04 PM

Here are a few possible solutions>

1. Boot phone into Safe Mode. If the problem doesn’t duplicate itself then a third-party app or malware could be the culprit.
  2. First, go into your car’s audio setting and unpair or “forget” your phone. Second, go into your phone’s Bluetooth settings and unpair or “forget” your vehicle. Reboot phone and pair both items again.
  3. Perform a Network Reset.
  4. Try a third-party app to connect and maintain Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth Auto Connect app by UniqTec Inc can be downloaded from the Play Store. I was having the same problem with my Moto G7 Power. This app permanently fixed the problem. Posted below are instructions on how to set up the app>
  5. Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth and ensure that your Car Stereo is listed under “Previously Connected Devices.”
  6. Go to the Play Store and download Bluetooth Auto Connect app by UniqTec Inc. Make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is still on.
  7. Open the app once you’ve installed it.
  8. Within the app please go to Settings>Events>Bluetooth On and enable “Auto connect every time Bluetooth has been turned on.”
  9. Within the app please go to Settings>General>Devices>Select Devices & their priority.
  10. There should be a list of all of your Bluetooth devices listed including your Car stereo. Checkmark your Car Stereo in the list. Hold down on the “three lines” in the right corner and drag or move it to the top of the list. You can arrange your other devices to auto connect too just make sure you’ve checkmarked it in the list. For those devices you don’t want to auto connect simply remove the checkmark. I’m currently using Bluetooth Auto Connect Version 4.5.4. It’ an older version of the app but it works perfectly for me. Good Luck.
Options

9158 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1046 Signins

140037 Page Views

• Views: 140037
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-05-12, 17:00 PM

Hi Bdjones,

While you can try the suggestion provided by Presto8, can you share more details of what's happening in your case? Let's start off with the details so I can provide you with the troubleshooting steps we can also try. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete