03-03-2020

US

5 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 3

moto g⁷ power firmware question

2020-03-03, 3:21 AM

I live in a mountain valley in a rural area and the only cellular network I can receive (barely) is Verizon's.  I bought my wife an unlocked moto g⁷ power at Best Buy and later, after the return period ended, I found it doesn’t support Verizon’s Wi-Fi calling, along with their less important Call Filter app and Share Name ID. I believe that all are supported on the Verizon supplied moto g⁷ power.  My question: Is it possible to flash the Verizon g⁷ power firmware onto this network unlocked phone and have it work as a Verizon supplied phone restoring these functions?  The model is XT1995-5.

Not my real name
Options

97 Posts

08-30-2018

US

539 Signins

9152 Page Views

• Views: 9152
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:moto g⁷ power firmware question

2020-03-04, 14:42 PM

Hello,

I'd like to assist you further with these questions. I've sent you a private message, when you get a moment can you please take a look at it.

Best regards,
Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-03-2020

US

5 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:moto g⁷ power firmware question

2020-03-04, 17:57 PM

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the fast reply.  I read your emailed PM, but the address it was sent from was a "no reply" address.  Reply resent via PM from my account here.

Unfortunately, since the phone belongs to my wife, I hadn’t played around with it until she started griping about reception in various rooms at my home and I attempted to enable Wi-Fi calling.  I bought the phone several months ago at Best Buy (and my wife loves it) but since it was several months ago, the return period has unfortunately elapsed.

After researching the problem, I found on the XDA forums that the problem is from Verizon firmware excluding IMEIs not sold by their company and not with the hardware itself, and there is nothing I can do to activate the Wi-Fi calling feature on their network.  I'm disappointed in Verizon not enabling this feature with BYOD phones like other carriers.  That said, if you have a work around, I’m all ears.  If not, thanks for the reply.

Not my real name
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save