Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-09-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

moto g 7 plus won't turn on

2020-04-09, 13:33 PM

i recently bought the moto g7 plus last year September . On march 25 my phone went black . the phone is not responding to charge or a force restart.

i don't know what to do. i have googled articles and blogs to try resolve the issue my self but no luck. i'm worried my phone might be dead and would have to buy another one in such short period of using it.

can any one assist please. There is a pandemic and i don't have a phone in use to stay connected to my family.

Options

132 Posts

09-11-2019

United States of America

56 Signins

2530 Page Views

• Views: 2530
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:moto g 7 plus won't turn on

2020-04-09, 19:01 PM

Hi Damii,

Thanks for posting and we are ready to help here. Are you using the original charger that came with the device? Are you charging the device directly from a wall outlet? Kindly do these steps while your phone is connected to the original Motorola charger.

1. Please press and hold the VOL DOWN key.
2. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key.
3. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds. This is more than 2 minutes and will seem like a long time, it will help to time this to ensure you hold the keys long enough.
4. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.
5. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted.
6. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

While these key sequences are the same as the Forced Reboot, holding the keys down for over two minutes issues a different command to the device. This forces a hardware reset of the processor and terminates all running commands.

Let us know if it will give any signs of charging or if it will turn back on.

Best regards, 

Mike 

Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms