Options

0 Posts

01-19-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

setting for locking down mobile data (so you can't turn it on)

2020-01-19, 15:52 PM

I have a few Moto G phones and this is specifically for the G7 play that my daughter has.  We would like to LOCK DOWN the ability for her to turn on the mobile data (mistakenly).  Her fingers move so fast and she does seem to turn on the data and as soon as she touches it and even turns it off, data is charged a flat rate.

I have used APPLOCK programs but they lock the entire settings section.

Has anyone come across an app that can be more granular OR is there an Android Service I can permanently STOP?

Thank you.

Options

1794 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1654 Signins

25768 Page Views

• Views: 25768
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: setting for locking down mobile data (so you can't turn it on)

2020-01-19, 19:11 PM

wrote:

I have a few Moto G phones and this is specifically for the G7 play that my daughter has.  We would like to LOCK DOWN the ability for her to turn on the mobile data (mistakenly).  Her fingers move so fast and she does seem to turn on the data and as soon as she touches it and even turns it off, data is charged a flat rate.

I have used APPLOCK programs but they lock the entire settings section.

Has anyone come across an app that can be more granular OR is there an Android Service I can permanently STOP?

Thank you.

You can use Nova Launcher to enable the System tunerUI and then remove the Mobile Data connection icon from the Notification bar. You can still enable Mobile data by going into the phone's settings.

Put motorola g7 enable system tuner ui androidsage  into a search engine and with luck the first link will explain .

HTH :)

Options

0 Posts

01-19-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-01-19, 20:23 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I was able to natively remove the icon from the drop down (when you swipe down), however, it's precisely the ability to get rid of it under settings that would be great.

I have been able to 'lock down' the ability to get into SETTINGS using APPLOCK -- but this is too general of a lockdown.  It would be nice to find an app that could allow access to SETTINGS but specifically block access to DATA or anything in there granularily.

Thanks

Options

1794 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1654 Signins

25768 Page Views

• Views: 25768
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-01-19, 20:50 PM

wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I was able to natively remove the icon from the drop down (when you swipe down), however, it's precisely the ability to get rid of it under settings that would be great.

I have been able to 'lock down' the ability to get into SETTINGS using APPLOCK -- but this is too general of a lockdown.  It would be nice to find an app that could allow access to SETTINGS but specifically block access to DATA or anything in there granularily.

Thanks

Another way is to delete or munge the Carrier/Network APN settings :)

This can be defeated if the user knows how to use the Network reset option but most people don't know or ever use this option on Android phones so it's a bit obscure. If used it normally reads the APN/Network settings from the Sim card and re-enables the Mobile Data connection :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete