Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

12-20-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

10 Signins

68 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 68
  • Message 1 of 8

syncing email inbox in gmail

2021-03-31, 10:39 AM

I had a problem a while ago because I couldn't force a manual sync fir my Gmail inbox. In the end I just gave up trying. However, a few days ago I noticed the message ' Load More ' in red text was appearing at the bottom of the list of emails in the inbox. I had not seen this before. If I tapped Load More then the inbox was immediately synced and refreshed. I thought that this was the answer to my problem but now the Load More option has disappeared again from the inbox. Have you any idea please how I might get it back? Thank you.

Answer
Options

8 Posts

12-20-2019

10 Signins

68 Page Views

Re:syncing email inbox in gmail

2021-04-02, 23:23 PM

Thanks Rich. I'm afraid that 'pull down from the top of your inbox to refresh' doesn't work for me - all I get when I do this is my updated newsfeeds and other regular  notifications. Anyhow, by fiddling around I have accidentally fortunately solved my own problem. I can now force a sync at any time in any inbox without having to find the Load More option. Thanks for your help. I am learning all the time. Dave.

Replies(7)
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 2 of 8

2021-03-31, 13:48 PM

Hi LondonDave

Make sure all apps and the Gmail app is up to date in Play Store. Also, please try the steps below.

1. Open the Gmail app .
  2. On the left, tap Menu Menu.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. If you have more than one account, choose the account you’re not getting email for.
  5. Make sure Sync Gmail is checked.

Check this link for other things you can try such as checking the sync settings on your phone and checking your emails using a computer/PC and see if your emails are real-time updated. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

12-20-2019

10 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-04-01, 21:23 PM

Dear Rich,

Thank you for your email. Your advice seems to be for a Gmail inbox that is not autosyncing but mine does sync every 10 or 15 minutes. What I am trying to do is to force a sync without waiting for the auto sync. I found that touching the red ' Load More ' text below the last email in the list does force a sync. The problem is that I no longer see the Load More text. 

I followed your ' Check this link for other things you can try ' link anyway, but it seems again to be dealing with a problem that I don't have, i.e. an inbox that doesn't auto sync. In addition, the instructions for: 

Find your sync setting and

On devices running Android 5.0 and up

both contain the instruction - ' In the top-right corner, touch More More'. I don't have the three vertical dots in the top right hand corner when I reach that stage in each case. 

If you could just tell me how I can recover the ' Load More ' text below the emails, then I am sure that would suffice to allow me to force a sync. Many thanks.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-04-02, 13:48 PM

Hi LondonDave

Sorry for the confusion. If I understand you correctly, you're trying to manually check your email and see if there's a new email received? If so, in your email inbox, can you please pull down from the top of your inbox to refresh? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Answer
Options

8 Posts

12-20-2019

10 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-04-02, 23:23 PM

Thanks Rich. I'm afraid that 'pull down from the top of your inbox to refresh' doesn't work for me - all I get when I do this is my updated newsfeeds and other regular  notifications. Anyhow, by fiddling around I have accidentally fortunately solved my own problem. I can now force a sync at any time in any inbox without having to find the Load More option. Thanks for your help. I am learning all the time. Dave.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-04-05, 18:32 PM

Hi LondonDave

Glad you've solved this. Can you share what works for you in case other users might experience the same thing? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

8 Posts

12-20-2019

10 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-04-05, 22:28 PM

@ Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi LondonDave

Glad you' solved this. Can you share what works for you in case other users might experience the same thing? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Of course Rich. I went to ( phone ) Settings → Accounts. I chose which email account I wanted to sync → Account sync. This shows when last synced. To force a sync → tap the three vertical dots in top RH corner → Sync now.  

The previous page also shows Account settings and the automatic sync frequency can be set. Mine was every 15 minutes, which I think must be the default.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-04-06, 13:26 PM

Hi LondonDave

Thanks for sharing. I was able to follow the same steps. This is noted. I hope other users will find it helpful as well. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms