Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SidewinderAIM9M
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 1 of 15

Bluetooth Volume Automatically Adjusts to ~40% on Connecting

The subject says it all.  I get in my car and I must always struggle to get the phone out of my pocket and turn up the volume.  Why anyone would want to the volume to automaticllay adjust to anything other than the previous volume for the same device is beyond me.  I have tried volume apps, disabling digital well being etc.  Anyone have any idea which app is doing this or how to fix it?  I can get root access if necessary.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 184
Message 2 of 15

Re: Bluetooth Volume Automatically Adjusts to ~40% on Connecting

Hi SidewinderAIM9M,

Thanks for posting. I haven't personally noticed this, but from what I have read, this seems to be as expected. I'd like to confirm though, has it been like this since you've tried this?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

SidewinderAIM9M
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 3 of 15

No.  It only started doing this after the latest update.

KaMiKa
Punch Card
Views: 170
Message 4 of 15

I think, this is a normal behaviour to protect your ears. I hear music via a bluetooth stereo headset and after connecting to bluetooth, I have to adjust the volume to a higher level, this has to be done only one time, until the next connect, so where is the problem? Nearly every bluetooth-headset is equipped with volume buttons, there is no need to pick the phone out of the pocket to adjust the volume. 

SidewinderAIM9M
Paper Tape
Views: 164
Message 5 of 15

The problem is that it is connecting to my vehicle, which does not have a Volume button for Bluetooth but only for the output to the speakers.  Turning up the volume to full on my car stereo produces background noise as most will, and still is not loud enough to hear the audiobook reader  volume clearly. The volume must be adjusted phone in order for the reader to be clearly heard. 

The other problem is that I don't have control over the mechanism that changes the volume automatically, if I want to ruin my ears that should be my choice, not my phone's phone's choice.  If I don't want it to adjust the volume, then it shouldn't.  Also in any headset the volume is set so that it doesn't come full volume, because I have control over that, so it won't damage my ears even if it did connect at full volume.

KaMiKa
Punch Card
Views: 155
Message 6 of 15

Ok, I understand. Maybe you can use "Tasker" to solve the problem for you:

In Tasker create a profile named "Bluetooth-MaxVolume" or so, add condition "status->network->bluetooth connected (set devices of your choice or leave blank)" and set "bt-voice-volume" to level 15 as resulting action. 

SidewinderAIM9M
Paper Tape
Views: 151
Message 7 of 15

I have tried that very thing with Macrodroid and it didn't work.  I suppose I could try it with Tasker.  An app called "Bluetooth Volume" seems to work okay but it fights with the app that is turning down the volume so it seems the volume goes up and back down a few times before finally setting.  Of course neither of these are really a solution just a bandaid fix.  I would prefer to just root the phone and disable or replace the app that is causing the problem if someone knows what app it is.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 112
Message 8 of 15

Hi SidewinderAIM9M,

While you can try those apps, can you please check if enabling "absolute volume" will help? You may need to enable the developer options in the Settings to access this specific setting (Settings > System > About Phone > Tap "Build Number" 7 times) Will give you a prompt that you're now a developer. Go back to Settings > System > Developer options > Toggle on " Disabling absolute volume. Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
SidewinderAIM9M
Paper Tape
Views: 107
Message 9 of 15

It doesn't.  I already tried that along with virtually every other volume or Bluetooth toggle I could find.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 83
Message 10 of 15

Hi SidewinderAIM9M,

We'd like to get further information on this. Can you please confirm the make and model of the Bluetooth devices you're using? Also, when you encounter this again, kindly send us a bug report and we'll ask around. Thanks.

Bluetooth Bug Report:
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive
9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.
10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well
11. Share the link to the BugReport and btsnoop_hci.log on the forums via a private message.
12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors