Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jorarcos
What's DOS?
Views: 344
Message 11 of 15

Re: Bluetooth on G7 - really low media volume

Hi! Has there been any development on this issue? I'm having the exact same one and would really appreciate if you could let me know what has happened. Your previous posts have been really helpful. 

Thank you. 

sc_country
Fanfold Paper
Views: 342
Message 12 of 15

No resolution. I sold my original G7 with this issue. Bought a new one, which was fine for three weeks, now the same issue is occurring on the new one.

I tried network reset, factory reset, clearing Bluetooth app cache - none of those fixed it.

The only thing that temporarily fixes it is making a phone call with the Bluetooth device you're streaming music from. So, for example, if you're streaming music from your phone to your car's Bluetooth, make a phone call while the phone is paired to the car Bluetooth. For whatever reason, after the phone call, the audio volume goes back to normal / higher, but often times you have to repeat making a call every few minutes. Other times it lasts a while. It's a huge pain.

My biggest complaint is with Motorola support. I clearly like the G7 and have written many stellar reviews of it. I've had two brand new G7s with the same Bluetooth bug. Both in the first month of ownership! My only 'support' option is to send in the phone for repairs or replacement, and be without a phone for 3+ days. Either that or pay a $250 deposit for an advanced replacement. Given this issue occurring do early on with both new G7s, I asked if they could go an advanced replacement and waive the $250 deposit. Of course the answer was no, and it came quite firmly and with some snarkiness.

I love the G7, but this is my last Motorola product. I'm going to Verizon this weekend and going on contract with them for a Pixel 3a XL. 

Highlighted
jordanpalpant
What's DOS?
Views: 186
Message 13 of 15

I am actually having the exact same issue, and it seems there has been now workaround. Is there an issue with Moto g7 powers Bluetooth version? Were there sacrifices made to keep the cost down? It seems that some default setting is reducing Bluetooth sound from the phone to a "Max volume setting" and the volume controls or the developer setting can't fix this.

Motog7POS
What's DOS?
Views: 155
Message 14 of 15

How have you ass hats not fixed this yet it's why you will never be a top tier brand this is what the mole people would build straight up dog **bleep**

916Mike
What's DOS?
Views: 144
Message 15 of 15

Having the same volume (or lack of...) issues with my G7 Power. Looking forward to a permanent fix.

Top Kudoed Authors