Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PCwizard
Blue Screen Again
Views: 242
Message 1 of 4

Can't connect 4G

Recently replaced my old , dead Samsung Galaxy S4 with a Moto G7 Power on Consumer Celluar (AT&T net).  My S4 would connect to 4G at home location (as does my wife's S4) but the new G7 only connects at LTE speed.  This is apparently a widespread issue on several provider networks, mentioned on many forums.  I doubt it's specific to my phone and will require a fix pushed to all G7 phones.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 205
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't connect 4G

Hi PCwizard,

I appreciate your report. Can you provide more details of what you're experiencing? When you're connected to LTE what do you observed - are you seeing fluctuations with the internet speed, can't you totally connect to the internet? Also, can you get a 4G network when you're in another location? I'll get more information as to what's expected behavior for both these networks. Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate and see your signal strength. 

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

PCwizard
Blue Screen Again
Views: 160
Message 3 of 4

Rich,

Thanks for responding.  Since my original posting I've done some additional research on the LTE designation.  I had been under the impression that LTE indicated I was connecting at 3G speeds, not 4G.  Silly me, I expected to see 4G when connected at 4G speeds, as I did with my previous Samsung Galaxy S4.  I've since read that LTE is actually a 4G designation.  Perhaps I'm seeing LTE on my Moto G7 and saw 4G on my Galaxy S4 (both on Consumer Cellular/AT&T network) simply because of a difference in manufacturer?  If this is true then we have no problem.  My bandwidth seems to be 35.7/12.3 on LTE which seems pretty good.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 136
Message 4 of 4

Hi PCwizard,

Yes, you're correct - It looks like your speed is within the range of 4G network speed and that gives LTE symbol. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors