Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mark811
802.11n
Views: 232
Message 11 of 17

Re: Does the Moto G7 plus UK model have dual sims

@Spaceman117 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, but I really want the faster processor, the twin speakers, the 27w charger and the better camera rather than the dual sim. 

Call me greedy or whatever you like, I want what's on your list - plus the dual SIM :-)

Spaceman117
Blue Screen Again
Views: 227
Message 12 of 17

@Mark811 wrote:

@Spaceman117 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, but I really want the faster processor, the twin speakers, the 27w charger and the better camera rather than the dual sim. 

Call me greedy or whatever you like, I want what's on your list - plus the dual SIM :-)

Me too :-) but not sure it's possible :-(

motoGowner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 204
Message 13 of 17

It would definitely be nice to have the better specification as well as the dual sim. It would be good to know definitively whether a UK version with both will be on sale eventually.

So in this thread

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g7-play-moto-g7-moto-g7/G7-Plus-GB-WiFi-Calling-feature/m-p/436359...

MotorolaTom says "We will have both single and dual-SIM versions of the phone for sale in the UK", it looks like he's referring to the plus, does that mean that they're producing it and it's a question of waiting for another retailer to pick it up?

motoGowner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 123
Message 14 of 17

I'm not sure how much weight to give this, but I went on the Lenovo chat and asked the agent there about dual sim G7 Plus in the UK and he said the following:

I am afraid we only sell the single sim model for the moto G7 Plus in the UK...we don´t sell it now. And we don´t have a formal date available when it is coming...That is correct. There exist one, but we don´t sell it on UK market for now...If you have the luxury to wait a little longer I would do that, but I am afraid I am not able to give you a date.

That doesn't clarify things that much, but does suggest that it's not going to become available imminently.

jaf69uk
Paper Tape
Views: 71
Message 15 of 17

@motoGowner wrote:

I'm not sure how much weight to give this, but I went on the Lenovo chat and asked the agent there about dual sim G7 Plus in the UK and he said the following:

I am afraid we only sell the single sim model for the moto G7 Plus in the UK...we don´t sell it now. And we don´t have a formal date available when it is coming...That is correct. There exist one, but we don´t sell it on UK market for now...If you have the luxury to wait a little longer I would do that, but I am afraid I am not able to give you a date.

That doesn't clarify things that much, but does suggest that it's not going to become available imminently.

"If you have the luxury to wait a little longer”

How long; a day, a week, a month, 6 months? The ambiguity in the language is not very helpful so I hope we can get some sort of clarification on this.

motoGowner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 48
Message 16 of 17

I tried the Lenovo chat again and today they said 'To be honest, we are not planning to launch a dual sim version of this phone.'

Mark811
802.11n
Views: 42
Message 17 of 17

@motoGowner wrote:

I tried the Lenovo chat again and today they said 'To be honest, we are not planning to launch a dual sim version of this phone.'

Oh dear, looks like I will not be getting one then and start looking for a alternative, having to carry around two phones is a no from me these days.

Top Kudoed Authors