Punch Card
Views: 1,195
Message 1 of 11

G7 Notification LED?

I loved the one I had on my G1.

But then there wasn't one on the G2.

Or the G3.

Or the G4.

Then I jumped from the G1 to the G5, and that didn't have it either.

The G6 ommited it too.

Please bring it back 😢

ideapad_s9_4067
Punch Card
Views: 1,178
Message 2 of 11

Re: G7 Notification LED?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,164
Message 3 of 11

@Pstandard wrote:

Or the G3.

Or the G4.

The G6 ommited it too.

Please bring it back 😢

Motorola has not had a notification led on most phones in the last few years. I dont see one on the G7 line either. 

Personally i got used to moto notifications ans  to not having the led, and the iphones in the house dont either. I doubt moto will bring it back as some have asked for it since G2 and 5 years later, still no LED. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Pstandard
Punch Card
Views: 1,135
Message 4 of 11

It's upsetting...
I never got along with the Moto Display...
I liked the blinking LED as it was difficult to miss, and very efficient on the battery.
With the Moto Display, briefly lighting up the screen at the time of notification, then going away, I could find myself oblivious to a notification for hours.
To counteract it, I would find myself poking the screen frequently to make sure I hadn't missed anything.
At this point I realised I was slowing going crazy, and so disabled Moto Display.

Since the LED seems so much simpler, and more effective, it just frustrates me that it was removed.
Can't we have both the LED and Moto Display?
Then give us the choice of which to disable?

I ask rhetorically... as I doubt it will ever return, despite my requests.

Rhialto
Punch Card
Views: 1,015
Message 5 of 11

@Pstandard wrote:

Or the G3.

Or the G4.

The G6 ommited it too.

Please bring it back 😢

Same here, had the G1 and liked that feature. Then I moved to G5 like you and was bummed it didn't have one. I mean it does not cost an extra 5$ of hardware/software.

OTOH I like what Moto do with their phone, the OS is not crippled with bloatware, it's mostly Android with some little extra features like gestures which I like a lot.

EpicPhoenix
Blue Screen Again
Views: 531
Message 6 of 11

I prefer Moto Display over anything, it's the best phone feature ever created (the reason I must use Motorola)!

But of course we're all different.

What I wanted to say is that the OG Moto G (the first) didn't have a notification led (I just turned it on to double-check it).

Pstandard
Punch Card
Views: 514
Message 7 of 11

@EpicPhoenix wrote:

I prefer Moto Display over anything, it's the best phone feature ever created (the reason I must use Motorola)!

What I wanted to say is that the OG Moto G (the first) didn't have a notification led (I just turned it on to double-check it).

??? I do not understand why you'd make such a claim.

I also still have a functioning Moto G, original (gangster), and it absolutely has a notification LED.

EpicPhoenix
Blue Screen Again
Views: 478
Message 8 of 11

@Pstandard wrote:

@EpicPhoenix wrote:

I also still have a functioning Moto G, original (gangster), and it absolutely has a notification LED.

I read some reviews, it indeed has a led according to those reviews. But I'm convinced I've never seen that LED, and I turned it on and there was no led when I received an e-mail, and there's also no led when charging.

Highlighted
Pstandard
Punch Card
Views: 402
Message 9 of 11

@EpicPhoenix wrote:

@Pstandard wrote:

@EpicPhoenix wrote:

I read some reviews, it indeed has a led according to those reviews. But I'm convinced I've never seen that LED, and I turned it on and there was no led when I received an e-mail, and there's also no led when charging.

Sounds like your LED is broken Smiley Tongue

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 398
Message 10 of 11

@EpicPhoenix wrote:

@Pstandard wrote:

@EpicPhoenix wrote:

Please share what reviews show an LED.

I assume the G7 is like most past G phones and the LED that exists is not for notifications, and will not appear when charging. It only lights under an error conditon when the phone is charging AND there is not enough battery to show the charging screen. This is not a condition you should try to duplicate as it is an exception. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors