Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVCCS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 202
Message 1 of 5

G7 Power Needs 4/64 Option

Been keeping an eye on leaks and info on this phone for several months.  It really needs a 4/64 option, as was suggested might be available in some markets, rather than just 3/32.  I have an E5 Plus and RAM and internal storage are barely passable and require lots of tweaks to run okay if you use a lot of apps.  With the Snapdragon 632 and the higher-res screen, battery life will be likely be no better or slightly worse, and the performance gains will be limited by the 3/32 configuration and background apps will likely still be closed too often. 

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 144
Message 2 of 5

Re: G7 Power Needs 4/64 Option

@TVCCS wrote:

Been keeping an eye on leaks and info on this phone for several months.  It really needs a 4/64 option, as was suggested might be available in some markets, rather than just 3/32.  I have an E5 Plus and RAM and internal storage are barely passable and require lots of tweaks to run okay if you use a lot of apps.  With the Snapdragon 632 and the higher-res screen, battery life will be likely be no better or slightly worse, and the performance gains will be limited by the 3/32 configuration and background apps will likely still be closed too often. 

Thank you for the feedback about the RAM/Storage, I will definitely pass it along. As for the battery life, the moto g7 power will get up to 3 days on a single charge. 

-Tom

TVCCS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 135
Message 3 of 5

While the three days bit is good for marketing, in the real world of lots of mixed use, the E5 Plus with its 5000mah battery does about a 12-hour day before getting down to 15-20%.   

TVCCS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 66
Message 4 of 5

I see Motorola is launching the G7 Power with the 4/64 option in India today, and it appears that version is available in Europe as well.  Please don't limit the US market to the 3/32 - it's not a significant step up from the e5 Plus and won't be worth buying for anyone that runs a lot of apps/navigation. etc.  

ideapad_s9_4067
Punch Card
Views: 57
Message 5 of 5

Ya just saw it on the uk page it says 4/64.  But 32 iia still twice as muxh as the 16 in my g4 play.  It s better than nothing.  And I also noticed the uk version has nfc.

Top Kudoed Authors